Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Flaming for a friend... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Flaming for a friend...
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I like picking on Macs...

My friend bought an iMac, a purple one, and he is so frustrated cuz all the stuff he wants he can only find for pcs...

So I get to pick on him too.

------------------
"We are all a product of the environment we live in.... the rest, good or bad, may be free will." Charles C. Bohnam

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there you go. He can't use it, but hey! Who cares? It's purple. 8)

------------------
"I also received an interesting, if some-what perplexing, note from a 13-year-old lad who asked if I "had a clue." I fear I cannot adequately answer, as I am not aware of any immediate clues at hand; but that is not to say there are none present." - T. Herman Zweibel

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*grumbles*

Martha Stewart has an iWhack. Go figure.

addendum: a pink one, no less *LOL*
------------------
Clones are People Two

"The Force is like duct tape: it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

[This message was edited by Jedi Weyoun on June 02, 1999.]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff: What stuff?

Weyoun: There aren't any pink iMacs.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"You're a real colonel, right?" - Taco Bell Chihuahua to Colonel Sanders, facing an army of battle droids

Pedro
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to know when they'll start putting lights in those things...just picture the amazing neon glow emitting from that shiny shell....*L*

A customer of ours was shocked the other day to find that he cannot configure his DSL modem/router because it uses a serial connection, and the iMac has no serial port. He's off in search of a USB->Serial connector....heheh...

IP: Logged
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He said he wants CorelDraw, but can't find the apple version in stores.

Other than that, I'll have to ask him...

------------------
"We are all a product of the environment we live in.... the rest, good or bad, may be free will." Charles C. Bohnam

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gah! Don't buy computer stuff in stores. That's what mail-order is for.

I just looked through a few catalogs (MacMall, MacZone, MacWarehouse, MacConnection) and they all have CorelDraw.

------------------
"You're a real colonel, right?" - Taco Bell Chihuahua to Colonel Sanders, facing an army of battle droids

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*RaE* No pink iMacs? I'm positive I've seen them.

*wanders the net awhile to find the source of her confusion*

------------------
Clones are People Two

"The Force is like duct tape: it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Well, there are red iMacs, but they certainly don't qualify as pink. That is, any more than a power button can eject a floppy disk.

------------------

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

My humblest apologies, I stand corrected. Martha Stewart does not own a 'pink' iWhack, she owns a STRAWBERRY iWhack. Yes, you heard right. they don't even come in COLORS--they come in FLAVORS!!!! *rolls eyes and mumbles something about what'd you'd expect from a company called 'Apple"*

http://www.apple.com/imac/ads/poster.html

ahem:

------------------
Clones are People Two

[This message was edited by Jedi Weyoun on June 03, 1999.]

[This message was edited by Jedi Weyoun on June 03, 1999.]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Strawberry, Tangerine, Blueberry, Grape, and Lime.

------------------

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*eyes iMacs and can only think of...* Have you had your break today?

------------------
Vreenak: "The man who started the war with the Dominion... Somehow I thought you'd be taller." (DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight")

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

*shakes her head at the absurdity of all this* I'll bet there's people out there stupid enough to think if they lick the stupid things, it'll actually TASTE like blueberry, strawberry, tangerine, grape or lime........of all the...

------------------
Clones are People Two

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Just like there are people stupid enough to think that a computer's power button will eject a floppy disk.

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, when it's perfectly obvious that the 'put away' command hidden in the FILE menu is used to eject a floppy disk. (not)

------------------
'There's no meat in beer, right?'
-Joey Tribiani

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps