Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » FIGHTS (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: FIGHTS
Jamaharon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I have not been as active here at the [current state of] Forums, however I have seen them evolve from a simple gathering of a handful of people to a 150 memeber "organization". There is something I would like to point out with our "organization".

quote:
Organization (or�gan�i�za�tion):
n. any unified group or systematized whole; esp., a body of persons organized for some purpose, as a club, union, etc.

We OBVIOUSLY lack the bold faced parts of an oganization. I am SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THE CHILDISH FIGHTS. The little petty disputes going on between some of us will never end.

Truth is that we are only as strong as our weakest link, and boy-o-boy we sure do know what our weak links are. These forums have become an embarrasment to the online Star Trek world, and now I have lost all faith in the effort of making this place the place it was supposed to be.

If this CRAP does not end, I will leave AGAIN. Not like anyone cares. Right now, SF's state is a waste of web space.

I am SERIOUSLY sick and tired of this sh*t; I don't take sides.

This IS a flameboard.

[This message was edited by Jamaharon on June 14, 1999.]

IP: Logged
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're damn straight, Jamaharon. I was pround when I became the newest and youngest moderator here at SF, but now I'm not so sure. If this shite doesn't stop anytime soon, I will resign my positon and post here as rarely as possible. There is no need for all this. This is all very stupid. Has anyone actually stopped to think that NO ONE gave Adam the password? My friend informed me before that he had a program that can hack through any password. Perchance Adam did this? Or perhaps a friend of his that isn't a mod here did it for him? Think, people. Think. Use your head. It isn't just for looks.

------------------
Star Trek: Dark Horizon
Creator, Owner, Only Writer

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, someone definitely gave Adam the password.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

Jamaharon
Ex-Member

WHO CARES ABOUT THE DAMNED PASSWORD. You can change a password. It's not about a password anymore. It's about the crap that goes on here. My question is, should these forums remain online? These forums are no longer a Sci-Fi system. They have been manipulated into a constant void of ego wars. There are more posts on the Flameboard than General Trek discussion.

------------------
"You're young," said Athos. "Your bitter memories still have time to turn into sweet ones."

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is no longer an organization anyway! It's totally at the whims of Charles. He does whatever he wants, because he can.

------------------
"Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Optimus Prime."

Rule #2 : No matter how evil your enemy is always show him mercy when he attempts to surrender.

[This message was edited by bryce on June 14, 1999.]

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't really expect this sort of reaction.

I'm TRYING to weed out the people in power around here who are obviously not out for the best interests of this organization! Do YOU want someone on your staff giving away 'trade secrets'? Yeah, there wasn't really much of anything on that forum of substance, but that is not the point.

I'm sick and tired of the bickering. I don't want it. I just want people to know what the HELL is going on. Sorry for that, it's just the way I am.

Oh, and Bryce... No, things are not totally at my whim. In case you forgot, I'm trying to look out for everyone's best interests.

Jamaharon: I dont' care about the password. I just care about whoever the HELL gave Adam that password.

Fabrux: No, the password could not have been guessed or cracked. The logs do not indicate that anything like that took place. Someone had to give it to him.

I truely apologize for upsetting you all. For the record, if anyone stabs our group in the back again, I'll be sure not to tell you.

That was sarcasm, in case you couldnt' tell.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, CC. I'm just getting pissed off that whoever did this doesn't have the balls to admit it. I mean, what's the worse that could happen?

------------------
Star Trek: Dark Horizon
Creator, Owner, Only Writer

[This message was edited by Fabrux on June 14, 1999.]

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They would/could be banned, bombed, nuked, exiled, humiliated, etc...

------------------
"You were right about the negotiations...they were short."
Obi-Wan Kenobi to QuiGon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well there is the off chance Adam hacked into a moderator's computer and stole the password from his internet cache...

Another option is.. I think you can see what a user is doing if you install Backorfice onto their computer.

Has anyone simply thought of asking Adam?

------------------
If a tree falls on a mime in the forest...does anyone care?

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I'm glad that Charles is willing to tell us what's going on. If something is happening that will affect the course of these forums, wouldn't you like to know about it?

I'm not upset. I'm just displeased that something like this had to happen again. I thought we had finally gotten past all of that long ago.

It appears I was wrong.

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's right.

I thought we were all adults here. Apparently, I was wrong .... perhaps even about myself. Someone pass me the crayons, I want to colour in a colouring book and play with play-dough......

*sighs*

Listen... we're all acting like 6 year olds here... and I think that it's about 50% Charles's fault for the way HE took the recent events, and 50% our fault for the way WE took them.

So lets stop throwing crayons at eachother, and be the happy community we were when I first joined, okay?

------------------
If I follow you home, will you keep me?

Feste
Ex-Member

Erm...(looks round the door) I wasn't going to get involved in this because I'm new but this is deja vu all over again. As I said in another post, I was just getting to know the old forum when there was another big fight and everything went to hell in a roller coaster. I was so glad when you regrouped again. This is the first chat forum I've ever joined. I was attracted to the wit, intelligence, camaraderie and how kind you are to one another when someone is down. I should also say that I'm female and a lot of this quarreling seems like cyber alpha males snarling and marking their territory. After slogging through There Is A Traitor parts one, two and three I'm still baffled by charges and counter-charges of power hunger. WHAT power? Do you command vast armies? Do people pray to you? This is a forum for goodness sake. But then women are always saying things like that. Here's to getting this resolved soon. Solar Flare is the best. (quietly shuts the door)

------------------
"'I'm afraid there's nowhere for you to sit,' I said coldly; 'the verandah is full of goats.'" --Saki "The Guests"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few people have shrines devoted to me here and there...

------------------
"According to myth, the earth was created in six days. Now watch out! Here comes Genesis. We'll do it for you in six minutes."
--
Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Every few months another flame war erupts between the same group of people. Voices of diplomacy and reason are drowned out, and the petty squabbling over trifles frequwently destroys the forum. So far things have been able to reform each time, and the community regroup, but each time one or more people are "lost" to the group due to expulsions/hurt feelings/bloody-mindedness.

I've seen about 5 or 6 of these little wars break out, and sure as God made little apples it will happen again. So enjoy the forums, and the interaction with the more adult members, while they last. I'll bet that by the time I reenter the net in October looking for the forums, they will not be where I left them, or in the hands of who they were.

------------------
"I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Mycon
Ex-Member

I visit this forum about once or twice a week. I rarely post (The English language is a book with seven seals to me, as we say in German), but I really enjoy reading your more or less interesting posts. It would be a pity closing the forums because some Egos are a lot bigger than the love for Trek. I often see that some of you believe that they are kind of "Trek Gods" or something. It may be possible that some of the guys in this forum know more about Treknology and stuff than the writers themselves, but this is no reason for feeling superior and behaving arrogant. Trek is fiction after all.

------------------
Mycon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps