Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » FIGHTS (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: FIGHTS
Jamaharon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Well said, but something tells me that no matter how hard we try, there will always be little (and sometimes large) squabbles going on here and there.

I'm not pointing fingers. I hope we can all see a change around here, but we've been wanting to see a change here for months.

If we really were the organization we say we are, we'll all grow up and learn from this. I seriously doubt that, and whoever gave/released/used the password, read my quote in my signature...

------------------
"You're young," said Athos. "Your bitter memories still have time to turn into sweet ones."

IP: Logged
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems we have a number of pessimists here.

The forums themselves are going nowhere.

Here, solareclipse, is their final home. There could be no place other than this.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And speaking of Goffy, or "Ex Trek God", it's a wee bit of a joke.

He's been around since before the beginning of these forums, and used to run the famed STZ until it's untimely demise.

Most of the "God" stuff is merely fun and joking around. We're here to have a good time, and that's what we do. We laugh, poke fun at each other, and the like. That's why I, and many other people come here.

It's also why we moved from the now defunct SFCR. All of our friends we had made at the forums were leaving, and there was no sense in staying. This place was built on friendship, and mutual love for a great series with grand ideals.

I don't want to see that change.

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speak for yourself. I AM a God!

*First of Two's Ego collapses in upon itself from the immense gravitational pull. There are no survivors.*

In any group of individuals, squabbles will arise. It wouldn't be healthy if they didn't. It's when these disagreements explode across the countryside, or turn "bloody" as it were, that they need to have an end put to them.

(Gods, I sound like NATO!)

So. Find the person who gave out the password, smack 'em upside the head, say "frickin' idiot" with a Dr. Evil accent, and don't trust 'em with any more juicy tidbits. And let it go.

And if that doesn't work, send in the ground troops.

------------------
"... Then you'll see me do some MAJOR dancing on your face!" -- Cosby

StationMaster
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for StationMaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ARRRRHHH!!!

Someone having a go at little old me!

AAAAAAAARHRRRRRRRRRRRHHHH!"!!!!"!�!$

Just kidding

*Jem Hadar Speak*
Discussion is LIFE
*/Jem Hadar Speak*

I know I might be "opinionated" at times, however I do it out of the love of Trek.
Just consider this - I posted the Sal Paelo (SP?) thread and a few other because for most part it seemed more like a ship spotting area - no discussion - look at what happened
Now many might say I was rattling cages, however it got everyone talking again!

As for the Ex-Trek God thing - It is just a joke.
I have been around here from the beginning - hell, I co-founded the place with CC!

Actually the Trek God thing is somewhat of an inside Behaviour Group joke - but that is another story.......

As for the fighting. Well, over the years I have usually ended up being involved in these fights one way or another and I have to say, standing previously where CC stands now, I know what he is going through and I understand his decision.

To moderate something as powerful and large as this is a difficult job - sometime you tread a very fine line between what is wrong and right.

I think that CC is doing a great job of running this place and many people should just get off his back.

However there are people out there who are obsessed with this place - be it a good or bad obsession.
That is the only reason it happens. They get paranoid that people are talking behind their backs.
2 months ago it all blew up again, however by now it had died down - however the people in question as paranoid about it - they want to get access to places that don't concern them.

Unbeknown to many this happened with the BG private forums - people thought we were planning to take over the world - rumor spread and life got terrible.
We even had hackers trying to get in and read what we were doing....!

Stops Writing..........

Chris Gough - The StationMaster

------------------
---- AAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!----

I feel better now.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the record:

1) I am not trying to take over the world. Just a fairly large chunk of it.

2) Anybody who thinks this bunch could act in concert long enough to take over the world needs to have his "haid ezammined." We can't even agree on the sizes of imaginary ships!

3) I AM saying things behind your back... but only to my friend the Invisible Platypus Hugo.

4) Anybody obsessed with this place has got to go get a flippin' life.

5) That said, I should really really try to quit logging on from work. o_O

6) I hate smurfs.

7) This post has run on too long, and I've just about run out of things to state "for the record."

8) This is the last thing I have "for the record."

9) Really.

------------------

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We do NOT FIGHT! We spar.

*left jab*

------------------
"I'll try a roll."

Obscure SW:TPM quote

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*uppercut, right hook, dragon punch*

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Robot Punch!!!

*FoT's hands detatch and fly around on little rocket jets until they unerringly smash into their targets*

------------------

[This message was edited by First of Two on June 18, 1999.]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Wherupon Baloo deftly snatches both of them in a neutronium mesh butterfly net and runs away, cackling madly.]

"Awa-ha-ha-hee-hee-hee-hee-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-hoo-hoo-hah!"

------------------
"He's dead, Jim."
"You find his car keys, I'll get his wallet!"
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[This message was edited by Baloo on June 18, 1999.]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps