Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Power of Prayer (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Power of Prayer
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kosh: It is.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael: Your case seems to further prove my friend's point that FAR TOO MANY gay guys are cute! Dang it.

------------------
--Then, said Cranly, do you not intend to become a protestant?
--I said that I had lost the faith, Stephen answered, but not that I had lost self-respect. What kind of liberation would that be to forsake an absurdity which is logical and coherent and to embrace one which is illogical and incoherent?

James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx Ziyal. Justin would agree.

------------------
"All you people, can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Everytime we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life"

-Backstreet Boys

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tora Ziyal: "Your case seems to further prove my friend's point that FAR TOO MANY gay guys are cute!"

<Snit>Hmph! I suppose this means all us heterosexuals are ugly, hairy monstrosities? [Glances in a mirror.]

Oh.

Never mind.</Snit>

------------------
If you speak and no-one listens, it still counts as long as YOU have learned something.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What should it matter which god you're praying to as long as it is god. There are several monotheistic religions who all have different names for their gods, but if they think about it, they all believe in one god, so isn't it logical to assume that it's the same one?

I can see these studies turning into a "my god is better than your god" debate, and I think that this would just be ultimately self defeating.

------------------
Do business with us, or we'll ruin you.

Orion Syndicate
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What should it matter which god you're praying to as long as it is god. There are several monotheistic religions who all have different names for their gods, but if they think about it, they all believe in one god, so isn't it logical to assume that it's the same one?

I can see these studies turning into a "my god is better than your god" debate, and I think that this would just be ultimately self defeating.

------------------

Orion Syndicate
Member # 25

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ORION!
CHECK YOUR "ENTER" BUTTON! that's your second triple post!

Heeheehee...
>"Amen, LOA. Prayers are always answered, it's just that sometimes the answer isn't what we want it to be, so we don't see it. But if you simply pray that God will do whatever He wants through your life, and let Him do that, He always will, and chances are you'll end up happier than you would have otherwise."

You do realize, though, that the results you get from this method will be INDISTINGUISHABLE from Random Chance, except that you'll feel a bit better about it.

C: "Sometimes, the answer is 'yes,' sometimes the answer is 'no.'"
Fo2: "And apparently, sometimes the answer is 'tough #@$%.'"

------------------
'In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ---- Thomas Jefferson

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1st of 2: Random chance? Well, maybe, but sometimes I need to feel better.

--Baloo

------------------
If this is the future, then where are all the flying cars?
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Orion Syndicate
Member # 25

Sorry about the triple posts, but I'm posting from the library, and the one thing I've learned about their network here is that it's very temperamental. I'm waiting for ages to get back to the thread list, so when I decide to browse back, it posts the message again.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps