Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Crap Company Webpage (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Crap Company Webpage
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Believe it or not, my experiments to date have included a footer bar with the offices along the bottom (with changing colours when active or hovering) and dark blue text. . . I keep asking Marketing for a fancier logo, say like our plague (black lacquered letters on burnished steel) but because they think they should do it all. They love the webpage as it stands. Which tells you all you need to know about them.

There was a Dilbert cartoon a few months ago in which Dogbert is pretending to be a doctor. A man comes to him and says "there's something wrong with my elbow." Dogbert asks to have a look at ity, and the man drops his trousers. Dogbert suggests a career in Marketing. I sent this strip to them. . . they didn't get it. 8)

------------------
"The next time the workplace seems especially hectic, remind yourself it could be worse: you could have two-dozen sharp-toothed creatures chewing on your nipples." - James Lileks

The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, my current concept runs like this: footer with office links along the bottom, silver background, navy text and links (going to the awful company blue when active or hovering), plus some new pages on individual departments which I'm creating based on links in the 'People. . .' section.

Plus I've done my own logo from scratch. . . very useful, having it as a true type font!

------------------
"The next time the workplace seems especially hectic, remind yourself it could be worse: you could have two-dozen sharp-toothed creatures chewing on your nipples." - James Lileks

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we have a shuftie?

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."

-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

The First One
Member # 35

Maybe. Let me see what I have by this weekend, and then I'll put up a little sample.

Next question: how in PSP 5 can I get a GIF with a transparent background?

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do what I did.

*pause*

"*sigh* what did you do?"

I asked someone else.

(Now that was a useful post wasn't it?)

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."

-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Lee, I can make it transparent for you, just email it to me, and I'll send it back

------------------
"Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won. Then never live within the bond of slavery, my son." - The real William Wallace

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Set it up as a table page Leah.... have a navy side-bar that gradiates into white, put the logo on the wite, and do side-bar navigation as well as the bottom bar.

------------------
"Sully, for Shame! And don't be foolish! What are we trying to practice every day? If our friendship depends on things like space and time, then when we finally overcome space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see eachother once or twice?"
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull

The First One
Member # 35

Leah? And how does creating a table help? I'll still have a GIF with a background I tried to make transparent, yet still shows as white. . . I know I saw someone give instructions on how to do it in PSP, but that was several EnterForums ago. . . Baloo?

------------------

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Got it first go*

Head to
http://flare.solareclipse.net/Forum11/HTML/000094.html

------------------
The unexplained phenomenon that crippled the U.S.S. Unimpeachable --
Gaseous Anomaly...
What anomalises gaseously.

The First One
Member # 35

Yea, verily, it worketh. 8)

. . . only yhe effect wasn't quite what I wanted, so I've gone back to the drawing board on that one. I mean, the silver colour is pretty standard, so I've just used that as the background to the GIF.

------------------

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ACK!... LEE.

Sorry.... I wasn't coherent last night.

And you make an HTML table with no border to align the navigation on one side of the page and the content on the other.

------------------
"Sully, for Shame! And don't be foolish! What are we trying to practice every day? If our friendship depends on things like space and time, then when we finally overcome space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see eachother once or twice?"
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps