Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » strange occurances (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: strange occurances
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SFA is only one of about a dozen Communitech accounts that were TERMINATED with no warning earlier this week. Among others, a friend of mine was one of the victims. (I have access to the CT forums through a few friends - if you doubt me, I can easily produce a list of terminated domains) Not a single one of the account owners was notified first. This backs up the claims of myself and others that Communitech does not deserve ANY business. (I am a disgrunted ex-Communitech member myself)

I'd like to see the post by this idiot threatening SFA as well. He is probably the same one who tried to order the killing of u-p.net

BTW, someone asked how Tach could afford his own dedicated server... Both him and Pedro work for ISPs, they can easily get employee perks. (Something I hope to be able to do in the future... )

------------------
"You shot him! You shot him dead!!"
"Well, he was attacking me with a banana!"

[This message has been edited by Charles Capps (edited January 20, 2000).]

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From Seanr's post, I'm under the impression that Tachy just bought a new server exclusively by himself and is running it out of his own house or something..... *L*

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sean, how exactly would someone pull off something like that? They would have to have access to communitech servers, and fairly high level access at that. As far as I know there is nobody at solarflare with that kind of power.

I also believe nobody here who would have the accounts of other communitech users deleted just so they can take a shot at scifi-art. If there wass, they would have issues with the Admins (and I am quite sure every user as well) and with the members of sci-fi art. They would not be welcome here or anywhere else for very long, you can be sure of that. Hell I'd be happy to hand the person in question over so you could rip them apart. So now you know how we feel

Tahna - Yes, Tachy told me he had his own server which would be coming online soon.

------------------
Samaritan: "A good hot curry will help heal your wounds. That is, unless your religion forbids it".

Man: (Eyes growing wide) "No religion forbids a good hot curry".

-From some movie.

[This message has been edited by Daryus Aden (edited January 20, 2000).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yes, the love just flows.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daryus, its quite simple, really. All they have to do is tell communitech that SFA is doing something against the terms of service. I doubt SFA intentionally broke the TOS, but it wouldn't be that hard to find something. For example, they were running a chat applet on the server, something against the TOS of most ISPs. Regarding the other sites, I have no idea what sites those are (I don't know of any hosted by them other than SFA). If you could tell me where to find that list, I'd appreciate it.

I can't find Millennium CGI anywhere, so if someone has the URL PLEASE let us know.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

WEBolutionary Consulting Services
Mania-Online

"Great is the glory for the strife is hard"
- Wordsworth

"Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?"
- Dr Evil

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is why everyone's so pissed at Communitech, they didn't even BOTHER warning anyone...

A brief lookver of the CT support forums seems to show that SFA is the last of the killed domains NOT to be restored as of now....

------------------

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any way for me to access that forum? If I could get Scifi-Art back up, then I could find the link to Millennium GI and point you to that threat.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

Mania-Online

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

The only way to obtain access to the CT support forums is to have an account there. I'm just borrowing the access info from a few friends of mine who were unfortunate enough to sign up for accounts. *L*

I spoke to MikeW last night over mail (to which I will be replying again later tonight, in case he's wondering)... We're both pretty convinced that whoever it is won't be bothering with coming back or trying anything else.

------------------

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seanr, I didn't think of it that way. Come to think of it, you'd have to be a real pratt to do something like that.

------------------
Samaritan: "A good hot curry will help heal your wounds. That is, unless your religion forbids it".

-From some movie.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

I know they didn't warn anyone, I was talking to Tach just after he found out. Anyhoo, he asked me to let people here know that many people from Sci-fi Art are contributing to the new server financially. If that cleans up the cost question.

------------------

-From some movie.

seanr
Member # 277

The site is back up now, so I guess this is a non-issue. Anyway, why is Tachy not allowed access to this forum? He told me that he can't even view it, much less post to it (IP ban). I could see not letting him post, but preventing him from even reading the messages about him seems more than a bit lame to me.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

Mania-Online

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tachy and Mike Wright were temporarily banned because someone with a French IP was causing trouble with the forums. That probably wasn't Tachy, but we didn't want any trouble in any case.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I can't remember stuff." - John Linnell

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

Believe me, if Tachy really wanted to get in, he could.

------------------

-From some movie.

seanr
Member # 277

Apparently he cannot. He went to the trouble of asking me to save a copy of this page on my server so he could see it.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

Mania-Online

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
seanr: Perhaps, but did it occur to you (or anyone else, for that matter) that during the current paranoid episode, Tachy may just be refraining from taking actions that would escalate hostilities to no-one's benefit? He is an adult, you know, and reputedly capable of intelligent thought.

I'd like to think that he's exercising good judgement, not that he's run out of options. The benefit of a doubt seems to be in order here.

--Baloo

------------------
"Politicians and diapers should be changed regularly, for the same reason."
--(Unknown)
Come Hither and Yawn...

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps