Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » strange occurances (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: strange occurances
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I did ban a handful of IPs....

When I find people poking around the Flare control panel, I usually tend to NOT have a good reaction. I banned a number of IPs which were poking around the site, into things that they really shouldn't have. One of those was probably Tachy. It was an unintentional ban.

The reason for my removal of Tach's and Mike's posting privs... As I said to Mike in a mail, we really don't get along and every time they speak up here, a major indicent takes place. He seemed to be in agreement...

------------------
"You shot him! You shot him dead!!"
"Well, he was attacking me with a banana!"

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank: "It probably wasn't Tachy, but we didn't want any trouble in any case"

Oh for f###'s sake. Here we see the reasoned response of the flare Powers that be. Someone does something. Find a witch to blame. Burn the witch. Or just go witch-hunting without provocation, for that matter.

You make me sick.

------------------
Gene: "I AM Star Trek"
Yvonne: "You can't sum yourself up in so small a package."
Gene: "SMALL?!!"

- Gene Roddenberry: The Last Conversation

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You misunderstand...firstly, the entire universe is set up so that I will never be any of the "powers that be." Secondly, there was still a small chance that it was Tachy, or someone acting on his behalf, since it was a French IP.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I can't remember stuff." - John Linnell

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monty, read my post.

Frank, read my post. And stop assuming you know what I'm doing.

------------------
"You shot him! You shot him dead!!"
"Well, he was attacking me with a banana!"

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank, this is what it comes down to, Tach could have got in if he wanted to. The guy is a sysadmin at an ISP, he knows his way about. Even with bans there are ways, as you well know. However myself and others -I am sure- suggested that he shouldn't as to aviod a war. He agreed. Also you'll note there was something of an agreement between Mike and CC about keeping off each others backs. With that in mind I've got a suggestion, let sleeping dogs lie .

------------------
Samaritan: "A good hot curry will help heal your wounds. That is, unless your religion forbids it".

Man: (Eyes growing wide) "No religion forbids a good hot curry".

-From some movie.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps