Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Does GOD care who won the Superbowl?

Author Topic: Does GOD care who won the Superbowl?
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The answers may amuse you...
http://slate.msn.com/Assessment/00-02-04/Assessment.asp

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First they take over Christmas, now they want Football.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, you're joining us just at the most exciting stage in the game! We've just seen an incredible play by top man Dean Whackerbacker, and now over to our guest here with me in the box: the Almighty himself, God.

God:
Thanks, Bob. I think that was a great play as well, although I have a small confession to make.

What's that then Big Guy?

God:
I know I shouldn't have, but I couldn't help just making that butterfly's wings flap in Venezuala, that caused the gust of air that kept the ball in the air for a few seconds more. My goof there, I'm afraid.

Heh. That's OK God, I'm a bit partisan at these big games myself...

------------------
"You don't need eyes to see; you need VISION"
- Faithless / Reverence

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

*ROFLMAO!*

------------------
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
--Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)
Come Hither and Yawn...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(from the link)

"Announcer: "Tell me about that catch you made on third-and-10." Player: "Well, first I want to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ �" Journalists often treat this testimony like a fart. They wince and pretend nothing happened."

Bang on the ball there. Except over here, if Michael Owen claimed that it was God who helped him sail that one into the net, then even ice-cool Des would probably start cracking up. And Jimmy would probably try to see exactly where god interferred by watching the replay's. And several millions watching in the pub would splurt beer out their noses, and make the universal sign of "wanker" in young Michael's face.

And the Sun would have a field day.

Oi, if there's something that can make a British citizen cringe, it's watching the Oscar's and hearing the words "I'd have never gotten here if it wasn't for my saviour, Jesus Christ. And Opium".

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew God was a huge Green Bay ****** Packer fan. That's why us Lions fans have to deal with a losing team season after season

------------------
Man it's a damn shame when folks be throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that.

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*lol* Just out of interest, are there any non-Brits out there who get Liams post?

------------------
Democracy simply means the bludgeoning of the people, by the people and for the people.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps