Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » NRA Restaurant (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: NRA Restaurant
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The NRA wants to build a themed restaurant in Times Square. The local liberals are trying to stop them even though the NRA said they won't sell guns there.

Can someone find an article on this? I've searched about 6 news sites and it either isn't being reported, or you have to 'purchase' archived articles...

------------------
"The lies I told are not falsehoods according to my definition of truth." Bill Clinton

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though I understand (but not agree) on the views of the NRA and the pro-gun advocates, I do believe that this is way over the top.

"I'd like a Tek-9 Submarine Sandwich, easy on the bullets please....."

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NRA-themed restauraunt = every hunting lodge in the @#$%&ing COUNTRY. So what?

Of course, you wouldn't hear it portrayed that way in the press, who are more concerned about making lame jokes like:

Waitress: "automatic or semiautomatic?"

Without remembering (or even caring if the comment is accurate - some journalism!) that automatics have been outlawed for decades.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tahna:

"I do believe that this is way over the top."

Why? The purpose is to defeat the false image that the liberal media has created of the NRA being some evil group that LIKES it when hundreds of children are killed by guns every year (even though the number is closer to two dozen; but who cares about accuracy?). They want to show that the NRA, unlike all these special intrest groups that liberals love, is just made up of ordinary, every day people on the street across every demographic, and not the gun-toting rednecks that shoot beercans off fenceposts for fun that some people think it's made up of.

------------------
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-- Adolph Hitler, 1933

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Without remembering (or even caring if the comment is accurate - some journalism!) that automatics have been outlawed for decades.

Yeah, and that's stopped SO many people from getting them.

------------------
"Ultra Magnus is Undeniably Fun!" David Stevens, New York Magazine.
"Total Complete excitement from start to finish!" -WPIX-TV, New York
"This isn't a thrill ride, it's a rocket..." -Richard Caves, Time Magazine.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yet people think that further gun control will help anything...

------------------
June is National Accordion Awareness Month.
"And as we all know, 454 Okudagrams equals an Okudapound." - Rick Sternbach

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's what America's Greatest News Source had to say about it.

------------------
"Twentieth century go and sleep.
Really deep. We won't blink
Your eyes are burning holes through me.
I'm not scared I'm outta here.
I'm not scared. I'm outta here.
--
R.E.M.
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Please?

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was from last weeks news.

"Get the Hail of'a mah property!"

------------------
Look at the past few years:
Jimmy Carter: Who we kidding, Valium Posterchild. We go to:
Ronald Reagan, Howdy Doody Sr. If it keeps getting benign, we might end up with:
Mr. Rogers, "Can you say Armageddon? Oops, too late." Or we can get macho and have:
Jack Nicholson vs. Clint Eastwood, Shortest debate in history, all Jack will have to say is "How can you debate me, you haven't opened your goddammed eyes in twenty years."

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*can't think of one person who has an automatic weapon, not any time an automatic weapon has been used by someone who wasn't already a criminal (or in the military) in the last 20 years, or any manufacturer/public distributor of automatic weapons in the US*

So how're "they" getting all these SO easy-to-get weapons, and who's using them? Who ARE "they?"

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Criminals, who as part of their cover, put NRA stickers on their trucks to look like law-abiding citizens.

------------------
If you don't believe in what I say or the God I speak of I guess you'll just have to meet me so the Lord and I can convert you.

[This message has been edited by bryce (edited June 14, 2000).]

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, my uncle has a room full of automatic weapons. Uzi, AK, you name it. He doesn't use them, except to make sure they still work. He was never in the Armed Forces, but still owns them anyway.

------------------
Look at the past few years:
Jimmy Carter: Who we kidding, Valium Posterchild. We go to:
Ronald Reagan, Howdy Doody Sr. If it keeps getting benign, we might end up with:
Mr. Rogers, "Can you say Armageddon? Oops, too late." Or we can get macho and have:
Jack Nicholson vs. Clint Eastwood, Shortest debate in history, all Jack will have to say is "How can you debate me, you haven't opened your goddammed eyes in twenty years."

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

*hears sirens in the distance*

Actually, it is (or at least, was last time I checked) legal to own both Uzi's and AK-47's, provided their capacity for firing at full auto has been removed. It is illegal to convert them to full auto, as it is with any gun. (not, as it's been said before, that making things illegal necessarily stops bad people from doing them, only good people.)

See, most of such weapons have two settings, single-shot and automatic. The difference is how many times you have to pull the trigger. On an automatic, you simply hold down the trigger and it empties the clip, fairly quickly. on single shot, you have to pull the trigger each time. (In my opinion, a superior option, as it conserves ammunition, and your bullets don't go flying in the wrong directions due to the weapon's 'kick.' - it's harder to hit a single target on full auto, because the blast from each firing pushes your gun to one side.)

------------------

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Single shot also allows you to recognize the animal after you shot it, too.

I was gonna say much of what Omega and First of Two said, but I didn't have time. Thanks, you two.

------------------
"The lies I told are not falsehoods according to my definition of truth." Bill Clinton

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why stop at AK-47's? Hell, I think every house needs an m1-A1, an SSBN and an ABM. Did I leave anything out?

------------------
"Remeber, if there is a nuclear explosion, be sure to close your windows as the massive heat could cause objects within your home to catch fire".

Wise, wise words.

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey you forgot the Air-Fuel Bomb, cluster bombs, and cruise missiles.

Actually in all but a few cases it has been automatic weapons have been outlawed since 1933, however there are about a thousand people who are legally liceased to own automatic weapons, but I have never heard one of those people being involved in a crime.

Well there is also generally a third setting on an automatic rifle, which is a 3 shot burst, which gives the advantage of every shot flying to slightly different place that isn't to far from the last shot, and in conserves ammo (actually technically the M-16 isn't an automatic weapon because it max fire rate is now a 3 shot burst). I thought conversion kits were legal before a certain point, oh well.

Ah Jeff you never shot a squirel with a 12 gauge, have you

------------------
Somehow you were linked to this page, which doesn't really exist. Well, this one does, but the one you were trying to get to doesn't. Actually, that's not really true either, because it probably does, but either you mistyped it or our webmaster is asleep at the wheel. If the later is the case (you were linked here from a page within **********.net) then please let us know.

If you were linked here from an external site, which is most often the case, it would be nice of you to let them know.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps