Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Mutant registration.............. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mutant registration..............
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, homeschoolers tend to be conservative Christians, but that isn't NESECARILY the case. As you point out, there are exceptions.

You can't say "I want a bigger government, but I'm still conservative." It's contradictory. You CAN say, however, "I'm pro-life, but I'm still liberal." Certain types of people are attracted to each viewpoint on an issue, and in the cases of abortion capital punishment, and size of government, those same divisions tend to apply, even though the issues aren't related. Just because a group of people tends to like two things doesn't mean that those two things are related.

------------------
"To disarm the people [is] the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, American Statesman and Author of the Virginia Declaration of Rights (1776)

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I say "I'm pro-fascist Gandhism, but I'm still a jackass?"

Heeheehee... :{�

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see you have a rather limited definition of "conservative" and "liberal". Fine, whatever.

------------------
"One more day before the storm
At the barricades of freedom!
When our ranks begin to form
Will you take your place with me?"
--Enjolras, "One Day More," Les Miserables

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see what he means, and you do.

They are named what they are for their views, which tend to match certain view points, although more and more seem to be muddled now.

To answer the question itself: It's another form of discrimination IMO and wrong.

------------------
Cute, cuddly, widdle teddy bears usually will eat you alive unless you can prove you're a god.

Ex-Admin at the TrekBBS.com

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited July 22, 2000).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feh. I leave a topic for four days and it becomes this tepid?

I reject your labels. I am neither "Conservative" nor "Liberal." I am Firstist. No, no, that sounds too much like Fascist, and that's abhorrent. I am Twoish? No, too juvenile. I am... Vociferously Intellectually Independent.

Both ends of the political spectrum need a good pruning. Cut out the 10% on each edge of the scale, and you'll see that things will run a lot more smoothly.

And just so you know, I'm convinced most gun enthusiasts are only a bit right of center. It's these camo-wearing, "back to a white, Christian America" creeps that need to go. On the left, it's the spiking trees, spend 2 million dollars on a patch of wetlands the size of a pool table, play up race, help aid and assist the Chinese government types that need shuffled off this mortal coil.

Oh, and everybody who went to see "Deuce Bigalow, male gigolo."

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno about mutants, however in certain countries you have to register your body as a weapon once you reach a certain level as a martial artist.

------------------
"More beer, more beer, more beer, more beer! ARSE!"
- Ode to God.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Imagine the potential for pickup lines. "Hey, baby, the government wants to make my body illegal..."

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"However, trying to convince your friends to learn a language is about as easy to do as getting a date with the pickup line 'Have you been to Weight Watchers?'" - How To Invent A Real Language

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps