Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » For the theologians... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: For the theologians...
Amadeus
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one in existence can prove that God exits or does not exist. Therefore, as rational, thinking beings, the most prudent course of action would be to question everything. So long as you dont turn away if God does exist, you'll be fine.
IP: Logged
bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As an Englishman, I thought you would have known he wrote more than seven?

------------------
If you don't believe in what I say or the God I speak of I guess you'll just have to meet me so the Lord and I can convert you.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's talking about the "Chronicles of Narnia". Seven books long, and they really do beat you over the head with the said phrase.

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I got through them all. Plus the BBC adaptions of them. Voyage of the Dawn Treader on a BBC children's drama bedget was, quite frankly, pants-wettingly funny.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited August 02, 2000).]

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried reading those years ago, before I knew anything about C.S. Lewis (I was looking for some good fantasy). Couldn't get through ten pages of the first book. I don't remember what I read now, but I think it was because I couldn't stand the way he treats the reader like a four-year old.

------------------
"See, for a Republican, a heart is like an appendix. It's nice to have it, but you don't really need it."

--Jay Leno

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, I rather enjoyed the Narnia books when I read them. Though that must have been ten years ago or so now.

------------------
"If Picard was set loose on a Monopoly board, he'd try and establish peaceable diplomatic relations with Marvin Gardens and give St. James Place wide berth so that its culture could develop without interference."
--
L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm the passenger, and I ride and I ride.

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two things:

"...for I am a jealous god..." Ten Commandments, Chapter 20 of Exodus. And don't give me any of that, "The OT is for jews." junk that's a lie, it isn't biblical, and if you ever heard a person say that you either didn't understand or the person was a heretic.

Narnia is just childrens literature people, you haven't read Lewis until you have read his adult stuff.

------------------
If you don't believe in what I say or the God I speak of I guess you'll just have to meet me so the Lord and I can convert you.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I know you Lord are a jealous Lord. I know the tablet is your competition."

------------------
"If Picard was set loose on a Monopoly board, he'd try and establish peaceable diplomatic relations with Marvin Gardens and give St. James Place wide berth so that its culture could develop without interference."
--
L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm the passenger, and I ride and I ride.

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

Exodus 20:5

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Do you want to uncover the origins of the rest of M. Doughty's Biblical semi-quotes? Fun for the whole family! I think.

------------------
--
L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Happy shall be he who taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones" -- a psalm whose number escapes me.

Nice people, these folks. Antiabortion, but pro infanticide.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

What are you people talking about?

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I'm talking about America's favorite musician who often features various Biblical allusions in his songs.

------------------
--
L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

Who is America's favorite musician?

------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wayne Newton?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps