Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Sad, but amusing

Author Topic: Sad, but amusing
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was searching for reviews of Disney's Tarzan for an essay. To get a different point of view, I visited this site for reviews written for Christian parents.

ChildCare Action Project

That anti-Darwinian stuff is to be expected, though the death-phobia and the posterior-phobia are rather amusing.

And for the record, there was no scene where "the face of the human father faded into the face of an ape father". It was Tarzan's face fading into his ape mother's.

------------------
"Poetic souls delight in prose insane."
--Lord Byron

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I find interesting is that they use an acronym "WISDOM" to stand for Wanton Violence/Crime, Impudence/Hate, Sex/Homosexuality, Drugs/Alcohol, Offense to God, Murder/Suicide. Apparently, Tarzan had pretty high marks on their 'WISDOM' chart.

------------------
Intelligence, Integrity, Responsibility.
Vote Bush/Cheney 2000

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when was drinking wine bad acording to christian values? That one really didn't make sense to me.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's only okay for those nutty Protestants. Us Catholics would rather have a wholesome cup of blood. And then we eat parts of Jesus' body.

Nice, normal values there then...

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*rolls eyes* I just want to say, for the record, that not all Christians are quite that "conservative." Pleh..... as a Christian, I still LOVE Tarzan... I don't think that the movie was in any was promoting Darwinism or putting down Creation.... seriously, I hate this... some people just go SO off the deep end in the name of their "religion".... I'm sorry, guys... I really am... I wish this wasn't the Christianity that the world always has to see.... *sigh*

~LOA

------------------
Men suck, but I'm not bitter.... not really.....

I HATE MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted another thread about the great evils of pop culture icons. Yes, Spears, N'Sync and BSB are all satanic tools of the devil.
Watch your children for they soon may have spinning heads and puking pea soup!

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*reads review*

What a pile of brainwashing crap.

------------------
"Unleash the armageddon,
So all the children go to heaven"

"Blue Skies Bring Tears"-The Smashing Pumpkins.

[This message has been edited by Gurgeh (edited October 09, 2000).]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And in Pokemon they evolve and everything. And walk around in t-shirts saying "Jesus sucks like a mother!" but in Japanese. Where everyone loves Hitler. They should all be burned.

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited October 10, 2000).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The above site, and the other one about bubblegum pop, are proof positive of Niven's 3rd Law: There is no cause so right that one cannot find a fool following it.

It seems that a rather large and vocal number of fools are drawn to the various brands of Fundamentalism and Fanaticism.

At least that helps the rest of us by keeping the targets concentrated.

Note to Christians: Clean House. Then we'll talk.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen

------------------
Stupid bastards and religious freaks,
so safe in their castle keeps...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Why do I have to clean my house? I'm in halls of residence. A cleaner's suppossed to do that. At the very least, she should vacumn my floor. But whenever she sticks her head in at 8 in the morning, her face goes all white, and she runs away screaming.

That's not the service I'm paying for.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps