Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I didn't ask for this. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I didn't ask for this.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She doesn't have insurance, remember?

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought she had State Farm?

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a lawyer yet, but in a few years I will be.

Isn't it illegal to operate a motor vehicle without insurance?

SUE 'em. If you don't have insurance, you're not restricted that way. SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE ...

Can we start a chant?

------------------
Jeff's Webcam
From the dawn of toys we came, living secretly among your cherished treasures, moving through the toy chests, until the time of the Gathering, when those who remain will battle for the prize. In the end, there can be only one ... LEGOLANDER!
Gore/Lieberman 2000

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay... here's how it works... I'm insured, with Allied. The lady in the caddy is insured with State Farm. The police say that the lady in the caddy is at fault, therefore, her insurance is supposed to pay for everything. The driver of the moving truck is uninsured.

As far as MEDICAL goes, though, Lacey and I are uninsured. Oh... and the body shop called. They found more damage... $5,000 now.

~LOA

------------------
The greatest single cause of Athiesm in the world today is Christians who acknowledge things with their lips and walk out the door and deny them by their lifestyle. THAT is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that a shop for YOUR body....or the CAR's?

------------------
"Two parts slush...one part solid ice...one part hard-packed snow...a dash of assorted debris...sculpt into sphere, and serve at high velocity without warning." --Calvin

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Try to lower the expense on your car by checking with several different bodyshops.
2. You need to get a laywer and don't wait, the longer you wait the lower your chances of getting anything.

I can check with some people to see if there is something they can do to help or if they have any other advice to give.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik: I'd say the car...

Tec: If they found more damage, I'd say that means they're already working on it, so it's a little late to get more estimates...

------------------
"Count the arms, the legs, and heads, and then divide by five."
-They Might Be Giants, "Certain People I Could Name"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the woman is at fault, you can sue if they're not giving you enough.

GET A LAWYER.

------------------
Jeff's Webcam
From the dawn of toys we came, living secretly among your cherished treasures, moving through the toy chests, until the time of the Gathering, when those who remain will battle for the prize. In the end, there can be only one ... LEGOLANDER!
Gore/Lieberman 2000

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good lawyer will take 40% of whatever you win, but do it. It will be worth it. State Farm will crumble if you get a lawyer, they are already under investigation for cheating people like you. Pleh to them, sue!!

------------------
Sailing the Slipstream

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And for driving while uninsured, the truck guy should be sold into slavery.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about a turkish prison?

------------------
So, how's that Survivor-contest coming along, Newt?
-Well not very well at the MOMENT, everyone seems to have died.
-Gee, that's bad. Those Aliens bugging you yet?
-Not really, they mostly come at night mostly...

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps