Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Extra-Terrestrials DO exsist. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Extra-Terrestrials DO exsist.
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually. My brother and I did see a U.F.O. once. Whatever my brother and I saw, it was not an air craft. It had to have been very bright because my brother and I were in a well lit parking lot when we saw it. Only the brightest of stars could be seen. We watched it for a few minutes, and it was making these VERY sharp zig-zag type movments untill it finally shot away toward the North if I remember correctly.

I also saw a black disk shaped object in North Carolina once. My brother wasn't there for that sihting.

------------------
"I don't mind being called a liar when I'm lying, or am about to lie, or have just finished lying, but NOT WHEN I'M TELLING THE TRUTH!"--Homer Simpson.

IP: Logged
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was probably a bird or large moth lit up from underneath by the lights of the well-lit parking lot.

Even Baloo was fooled by something like that once.
(Dig up that old post, willya?)

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

MIB
Ex-Member

eh. maybe. Hey. I have a few videos I downloaded that shows certian sightings. Would you like to see them?
------------------
"I don't mind being called a liar when I'm lying, or am about to lie, or have just finished lying, but NOT WHEN I'M TELLING THE TRUTH!"--Homer Simpson.

[This message has been edited by MIB (edited May 26, 2001).]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Show them!
Nothing better than debunking these things!

Aliens?
They MUST exist
The most likely haven't found us
They most likely are NOTHING like us
They most likely are not capable of communication with us (we can't even understand other species on our own PLANET!)
We most likely don't have any fruitful relationship.
Space war is ridiculous. Is way to difficult and way to clumsy and useless. Space is big enough for all, I think.

And anyway, we'll eventually create our own alien species (humans colonizing a far planet, no contact with home, evolving to unique species, etc.).

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And anyway, we'll eventually create our own alien species (humans colonizing a far planet, no contact with home, evolving to unique species, etc.).

And then they'll come back and kill our asses

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!
Me- Jen.... Where'd you go.... I love you... please come back.... please....

Delta Vega
Member # 283

- posted      Profile for Delta Vega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aliens are out there. Just not here. Most likely.

Ninety-something percent of sightings have been proven to be fakes. I.E., Projects Grudge, Sign, and Blue Book in the '50s & '60s found this out. Of course, if you believe in the government conspiracies, these studies were rigged because they already had a craft that crashed at Roswell/Corona in '47, etc, etc, etc....

Most UFOs, IMO, are simply misunderstood objects, and the weirder ones are the results of odd military planes such as the Dark Star and Tacit Blue aircraft.

--------------------
"Sometimes I think I might like to be evil and all, but that's not the way to think, 'ya know?"
-AA, from IRC on March 3rd, 2001

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Delta Vega: "I.E., Projects Grudge, Sign, and Blue Book"

I knew there was something alien about Internet Explorer. Maybe it works fine on Mars. So let it stay there!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Delta Vega
Member # 283

- posted      Profile for Delta Vega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe... I don't even think the Martians want it, but what choice do they have?

--------------------
"Sometimes I think I might like to be evil and all, but that's not the way to think, 'ya know?"

MIB
Ex-Member

Delta Vega. ahhh yes. Project sign, grudge, and blue book. All of which were the same project. 90% were designated as TRUE unknowns? B.S. What you probably do know is that the govenment gave bogus explanations for many more sightings.

An example of this is a repoted sighting by Jesse Wilson in March 18, 1959. When he developed photographs he took of the moon he noticed that one of his photographs captured 34 bright objects arcing in a line formation away from the moon. Upon investigation, the government dismissed the sighting as nothing more than a static electrcal discharge in Wilson's camera, dispite the fact that that explanation was ruled out during the investigation.

In a related note. I know what aircraft like Dark Star and Tacit Blue look like. Some of the pictures I've seen are definetly not them. Trust me. Tacit Blue paticularly looks so ugly I don't think I could ever forget what it looks like.

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

Delta Vega
Member # 283

Projects Sign, Grudge, and Blue Book were NOT the same project. Project Sign was established after the Kenneth Arnold sighting in 1947. It evolved into Project Grudge in the mid 1950's, and then the United States Air Force UFO study concluded in the 1960's with Blue Book. They were all seperate projects with seperate staff and investigative techniques.

I realize the investigators made many mistakes, but a lot of the teams did the best they could. It was an understaffed and underfunded project, and some directors left because of this. Dr. J. Allen Hynek was picked to help Blue Book not because of his expertise, but because he was the closest astronomer, so yes it did suffer from short commings. This was mainly because of the Condon Committe's report that UFOs are mass hysteria or something (forgot exactly). If you'll note in my earlier post, I did NOT specifically say that aliens or whatever are not here. Just most sightings are fake and/or misunderstood. Some may be real, I do not know.

And there is a rather famous Iranian case of a UFO sighting with a picture, where the craft looks a lot like the Tacit Blue.

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have a few videos I downloaded that shows certian sightings. Would you like to see them?

I love these things. Sure.

I remember watching a "UFO" report some guy did a while back showing a UFO that was reported to be a 'true unknown.'

It was sort of blurry, and looked like a cylinder standing on one end and rotating back and forth on its long axis.

This guy was going on and on about how amazing it was, how it was far too non-aerodynamic to fly, and how it seemed to be hovering over a spot out over the ocean.

It took me all of a half-second to identify it by shape and motion alone.

It was the Budweiser beer-can-shaped hot air balloon. I've seen it at county fairs.

Human beings... are they gullible or just self-deluding?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

MIB
Ex-Member

I've seen the pictures of that Iranian sightings no Popular Mechanics. It did look a lot like Tacid Blue. How do I upload movies so you can see them????
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps