Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » God Works in Mysterious Ways.. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: God Works in Mysterious Ways..
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH NOO.... I've created another monster !! *evil grin*

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Joshy_79
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK this is my very very first post and I'm the guy that started the thread with that Joke (I gave it to my co-worker).

In response to the "Atheism is not a religion. As far as I know" comment we have to define "Atheism" which is according to Websters
a�the�ism (th-zm)n.

Disbelief in or denial of the existence of God or gods.
The doctrine that there is no God or gods.

OK so you have "no God" in the broader sense of the word- But What's this about Doctrine, more importantly what is Doctrine

doc�trine (dktrn)n.
A principle or body of principles presented for acceptance or belief, as by a religious, political, scientific, or philosophic group; dogma.

Atheism is in fact a Religion- It's a doctrine and therefore a belief which is essentially a "Religion"......
There you have it Atheism is in fact a "Religion" a poor excuse for one, but one non the less!

IP: Logged
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!! NOW look what i've done..

*Ducks and run -- looking over shoulder for launched bolders thrown by forum memebers!!*

Here ya go Omega- you've met your match here !!

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, of course it's a religion, if you define "religion" to be "any set of beliefs regarding the existence or nonexistence of deities".
Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm an agnostic unafiliated believer of sorts. In short, I consider myself of the type of Sagan's Eleanor Arroway. Read my .sig.

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Language is not static. Word definitions change over time, like how the word "science" originally means "knowledge," period. If you want to talk corruption, the entire English language could be called "corrupted". It's called evolution.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't tell Omega ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I love the way language changes.

Like, back in 1780, 'well-regulated' meant 'properly drilled, maintained, and equipped,' and now it's supposed to mean 'drowned in red tape.'

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps