Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Boy Killers To Be Released From Prison (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Boy Killers To Be Released From Prison
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shame on me??!!

SHAME ON ME!!!!

Man, don't kill the messenger man!

I'm only here to post the freaking article.

I did not express opinions of any kind except that the things that these two kids did was pretty cruel. And certainly I NEVER SAID that kids should be killed of any kind!

[ June 23, 2001: Message edited by: BlueElectron ]

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoops! Sorry, BE, I meant shame on AKB.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff Kardde: So, I'm a sick fucker am I? Why? Those boys tortured that poor boy to death and they are allowed to live. This is what I think unfair - that those that have taken a life are allowed to keep their lives - it just doesn't seem fair to me, that's all. I am also concerned about what they might get up to once they are out and also pissed off at the luxury that they've enjoyed and will continue to enjoy at the expense of the taxpayer. The officials say that they will be closely monitored - but people always slip through the net and what happens then? They kill again.

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
"If they're not gonna be shot then they should be locked in a cold, wet and dark cell *snip* People like them should be put down at birth."

Do I need to point out the slight flaw in that argument?

OK, so I've screwed up in what I meant to say. What that was, I'm not sure anymore Looking at my earlier comments I think that what I meant was - cruel bastards like these two should be shot at birth to prevent them from doing such horrible things. Of course, you'd need some device to determine whether or not people are capable of such things (a DNA reader perhaps), but sadly this does not exist yet.

Mmm, and if I'm not mistaken ladies and gentlemen - this is a discussion forum. It is here for people to discuss ideas and views.

Freedom of speech an' all.

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Backward punhished?" *snicker* I think what you mean is that it isn't fair for them to be retroactively punished. Oooh, big word.

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. You know more words than me. You obviously have the bigger penis.

Joke.

"cruel bastards like these two should be shot at birth to prevent them from doing such horrible things. Of course, you'd need some device to determine whether or not people are capable of such things (a DNA reader perhaps), but sadly this does not exist yet."

Oh my God.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why thank you, Liam. Know more words perhaps, but can't spell the easy ones right. "Punhished." Heh. And how did I miss that quote? Yeesh.

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still think they should be put in jail where they can be ass-raped by a 6'5" 350pound beast named Tiny. Capital punishment would be unfair in this case, but a lifetime of suffering seems completely fair

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!
Me- Jen.... Where'd you go.... I love you... please come back.... please....

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am NOT in favor of death penalty OR the above mentioned 'ass-raping'.

They should receive at least some sort of punishment, shouldn't they?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why the hell not? If they had done this to your child, would you not be crying out for blood?
And would this not be the perfect balance between killing them and setting them free?

My final comment: GO TINY!!

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!
Me- Jen.... Where'd you go.... I love you... please come back.... please....

Daniel
Member # 453

Crying for blood? As in crying for revenge/retribution? The death penalty is something I don't believe in either. Sure, it reduces the number of tax dollars the government spends on jailed prisoners, but is it something that is a GOOD thing? And if you believe in the death penalty, why not just go all out and do drawing and quartering, or hanging or something? Prolong the suffering. Because that's what you want, isn't it?

--------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Of course, you'd need some device to determine whether or not people are capable of such things (a DNA reader perhaps), but sadly this does not exist yet."

That's because such a thing will never exist. People's actions, while possibly influenced by genetics, are not determined by them.

Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would anyone have any objection to releasing Venables and Thompson if it could be proved that they had reformed, and that they would go on to live full and productive lives, contributing to society?
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Yes. You know more words than me. You obviously have the bigger penis.

Joke.

"cruel bastards like these two should be shot at birth to prevent them from doing such horrible things. Of course, you'd need some device to determine whether or not people are capable of such things (a DNA reader perhaps), but sadly this does not exist yet."

Oh my God.

Oh my God what?

quote:
Originally posted by Aethelwer:
Of course, you'd need some device to determine whether or not people are capable of such things (a DNA reader perhaps), but sadly this does not exist yet."
That's because such a thing will never exist. People's actions, while possibly influenced by genetics, are not determined by them.

What about the double Y chromosome men? Can't they be detected?

As for the rest of you - ass-raping? Hey! I don't mind if you people do that in your homes, but please keep it to yourselves.

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: akb1979 ]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Daniel
Member # 453

What do you mean, "Oh my God what?" You suggested that people be genetically screened for violent tendancies, and those who have them be shot at birth!! That's horrible!!

While the Y chromosome for men can be detected, and the X for women, that is a major physical trait we're talking about. It's a whole freaking chromosome too. Very large. To genetically test for psychological tendancies and extrapolate the probablility they would manifest themselves would be nearly impossible, if not entirely so, for reasons stated by Aethelwer.

Also, how would you bracket such a tendancy anyway? What sort of range would you use? Oh, this one's a seven. Too bad. *BANG!* It's inhumane. Who are we to play God and determine who should live and die based on something that might not even manifest itself?

Just because someone is genetically prone to having cancer doesn't mean that we should kill them because they won't be a productive asset to society for their entire lives. We are not here to determine the fate of another. How can we deny someone life who hasn't even had a chance to prove their worth?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Would anyone have any objection to releasing Venables and Thompson if it could be proved that they had reformed, and that they would go on to live full and productive lives, contributing to society?"

Yes. Find a way to make them productive from inside the jail. Anyone who is so capable of doing what they did should not be exposed to society.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps