Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The woman who killed her 5 children. Is her husband partially responsable? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The woman who killed her 5 children. Is her husband partially responsable?
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right. Let me refine that statement:

People who KNOW that they're mentally ill shouldn't have children.

Generally, if you've been diagnosed, and are taking antidepressants/antipsychotics, you have a pretty good idea that you're mentally ill.

(And people who DON'T know that they're mentally ill should be TOLD.)

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...how could he say he still loves his wife after she killed his kids..."

I don't understand how people could say that. If he loves her, he loves her. That shouldn't change just because she went insane. The whole kid-killing thing is irrelevant, really, because she didn't do it maliciously. I wouldn't expect him to hold it against her that she's a nutcase. "I loved you, and you went crazy on me! How dare you, you bitch!" Is that really what people expect? That's pretty sad, if they do...

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-What the hell is Down Syndrome?

-I fail to see what difference this could have on a man's love for his wife. There are many people that still love people that are insane murderous psychopaths, you can't just turn love off(sure wish it was possible) because of a specific event or anything, but I beleive that it fades over time if you and your partner no longer see in eachother the reason why you love each other.

-From the brief synopsis, these people are pure rednecks, there is no denying it, anyone that has six children and homescools them is a redneck, and no one can convince me that I'm wrong.

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!
Me- Jen.... Where'd you go.... I love you... please come back.... please....

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of Two: I understand what you are trying to say, and I agree with it to a good extent, but it still needs refinement. I would say that people with a history of mental illness should not be allowed to raise children except in the case that the person(s) in question are in a treatment program that is having a positive effect. Once the condition of mental stability is assured, there should be no problems. Going strictly by your statement, I would be barred from fathering children for having clinical depression and suicidal tendencies (which, thankfully, have been lessening greatly the past two years).

TSN: I agree with your sentiment and a few others here. Love is not a light switch that can be flipped off when convenient. A lot of the people that have been expressing the opinion that the husband should be ashamed of loving his wife through this cannot seem to grasp that fact. Yes, his wife murdered their five children, but, with as much pain as he's going through, he should still love his wife. They've spent many years building a life together and raising a family. Yes, the wife has essentially gone insane with fury and wrecked all of their dreams. However, I perfectly understand his desire to support her and his ability to love her.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Nonsuch
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Kardde:
My Uncle Duke has a very bad case of Down Syndrome -- I always get a haircut before visiting my grandparents (he lives with them on their farm in Princess Anne, MD) because he enjoys grabbing my hair and YANKING it.

pardon the fact that this has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand, but I have to note that I live in Princess Anne, MD (or as I lovingly refer to it, East Bumfuck), and I find it surprising that anyone's ever HEARD of the town, much less has relatives here.

freaky.

IP: Logged
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My god, can the US not think up names for anything? The habit of stealing names from other countries, and occasionally adding "new" at the beginning was bad enough, but now you're taking the names of the British Royal Family for towns?

What's next? A town called "Tony Blair"? A street named "Vogon Poet"? A state called "PsyLiam"? Where will the madness end?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they had a street named Psy Liam, I'd be making fun of them even more than I do now, wait I don't think that's possible seeing as thought I take every occassion to ridicule the US systems and policies

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, your cutting edge satire has got us quivering like bits of Jello stuck in a cyclotron.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My amusement at that simile is damped by the sudden realisation I can't remember what a cyclotron is.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A particle accelerator that's round.
MC Infinity
Member # 531

Hmm... Very similar to how people here seem to feel about your penis

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Me- Fine! Be that way!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dear God, I've GOT to use that as my new .sig

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nonsuch,

Small world! Dukhat's a Marylander, too. Yes, my family owns a few farms in Princess Anne -- my grandparents own one, and some grand-uncles and cousins own some others. My grandfather's farm is off Arden Station Rd. near Washington High (and close to "Dead Man's Curve")

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*explodes with laughter on reading Liam's .sig*

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

MC Infinity
Member # 531

quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Oh yes, your cutting edge satire has got us quivering like bits of Jello stuck in a cyclotron.

I was ofcourse referring to the original remark about my satire, but I was foolish to think that anyone here has the mental capacity to get it.

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Me- Fine! Be that way!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps