Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » More Hot Coffee Mayhem (sort of) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: More Hot Coffee Mayhem (sort of)
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Not hot coffee, but interesting nonetheless.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SEE? THIS is why the laws should be changed!

If you're stupid enough to be trying to steal from a vending machine, by SHAKING the thing, and tips over do to your own actions, and kills you, you DESERVE it. The Coke machine did the human race a FAVOR by delecting your idiot genes.

Injury suffered during the commission of a crime, either by cut glass, or slipping on the floor, or being attacked by an enraged homeowner, should be classified 'tough shit' and unsue-able for.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the old "Bad request..." error

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, on the one hand I can understand some of the anguish. A loved-one was crushed to death by a vending machine where the parties involved knew that they were defective and prone to tipping over.

But on the other hand, I agree completely (although maybe not as strongly) with First of Two. The guy was in the act of committing a crime. He was doing this while intoxicated. It was his own fault for aggravating the situation.

I've known since I was like ten years old that you don't mess with vending machines! I kicked a machine that took my quarter once and wouldn't give it back. Momma Siegfried whacked me upside the head and said, "Don't do that! What are you, retarded?"

I don't know. Something in the back of mind says you just don't mess with a five-hundred pound machine. That's the same voice that tells me not to go into a seedy roadhouse and taunt the Hell's Angels with comments like, "I had your mom last night and she was sweeeeeeet!"

Geez. Tort Reform: A Very Good Idea.

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a better story for you. Once a pun a time some stupid kid trespassed into someone else's property. While he was there he decided it would be fun to stick a lit match down into the person's car's gas tank. Not surprisingly, it exploded, either killing or injuring the tresspasser. I'm not sure which. Anyways. The family sued the people whos car exploded in front of the kids face. The family won.
IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't see the article, but I can gather what it must be about.

Next thing you know, people will be suing rope manufacturers every time a family member hangs him/her/itself.

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These guys are better off in the Darwin Awards.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian

Saltah'na
Member # 33

MIB: The Judge who awarded the settlement to the family of the er...... "victim" needs brain surgury for sure. Any sane judge would have thrown out the case then retire to his chambers to expel a fit of laughter.

The owners of the car should sue the family back for damage of property (their car), punitive damages, mental anguish over loss of car etc. etc. etc. So if they win, things would be even.

--------------------

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The company could just secure the machines. It's not that hard.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. Let evolution take its proper course. Let the stupid get squashed. The world will be a better place for it, trust me.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You would think that in a university dorm, where students are drinking, the university would realize that, hey, drunks do stupid things, let's put up a "L" bracket and hold that machine in place ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Saltah'na
Member # 33

The University cannot predict everything. At my university, the only vending machines that are secured are those in the dorms. Every vending machine warns students about not shaking the machine to get a free pop or whatever as it can (in big bold letters) TIP OVER.

And it made the local news too. Bleah!!!

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, university dorms are breeding grounds for stupidity. Trust me, I've lived in them for four years and even worked in them for two years. So many stories that prove natural selection is a good thing.

Let's see, there's the woman who had a snake in her room (against the rules) and decided to throw a towel over the terrarium instead of just shutting the lamp off. Towel caught fire, she threw it under her bed.

Then there were the two guys who decided to smoke marijuana in their room. They lit up but forgot to turn their oscillating fan off. The fan blew the smoke straight into the smoke detector.

Then there was the guy in the room right above me who snuck in some firecrackers (big no-no). He set them down on his desk near his lit candle (big no-no). The firecrackers light up, so in a panic he throws them into his microwave.

My university used to have the 1980's built soft drink machines. They got replaced by new fancy models a couple years ago when Coca-Cola became the official soft drink supplier for the university.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How on earth do you through something into a microwave in panic? In the bin, yes. Under the bed, I can understand. Out the window seems logical. But into the microwave? Crazy.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The vending machines at my school are secured with brackets...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps