Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I have a wish. It's not a big wish, just a little wish. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I have a wish. It's not a big wish, just a little wish.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Play nice, children.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only get off-topic when other people are off-topic first. In other words, Jay started it. Now back off, Jeff.

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: Omega ]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, actually Jay brought the topic back to Bush's clumsy oneliners. Before that, everyone was talking about paramilitary resources stationed in public libraries. So no pointing fingers.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too much of that Beer, Jeff.

Especially if you think that Leno, Letterman, and the cast of SNL are "the Media."

Yes, the Media DID sleep through the Lewinsky scandal. Or, more accurately, the Lewinski bit was all they DIDN'T sleep through. Lurid tales of bj's in the oval office, yes, that's interesting. That'll get ratings. But do you remember the last TV news interview with Juanita Broadrick? I don't.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega: if you can't stand the heat, get out of the oven.

Fo2: You're paranoid. I hope you realize that before you have to go on medication for it.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Aren't we getting a little bit too worked up about this?
I for one would like to hear a good discussion about government policies, presidential blunders and media coverage. I'm a foreigner, so I only hear a small slice of what manages to echo across the pond.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q: "Hey! Why did the supposedly unbiased press never interview a woman who claimed that Clinton raped her?"

A: "You're paranoid."

Yeah, THAT'S a rational response.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
woman who claimed that Clinton raped her

Key word. CLAIMED. Paula Jones CLAIMED Clinton raped her. Elizabeth Gracen did something consentual with Clinton. They both got lots of media coverage. Or, did you forget about Paula Jones ... ? I mean, next you'll be screaming about the liberal media since Condit's air-line stewardess didn't get enough air-time.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Not Paula Jones, Juanita Broadrick. Paula Jones only claimed harassment and assault, not rape, IIRC.

Although that brings up an interesting point...

How many sexual assaults does a man need to be accused of before people start going 'Hmm, I see a pattern here!'?

Well, if you're a Republican, like Clarence Thomas or Bob Packwood, one is all it takes.

But Clinton's still going strong with at least 3 under his belt (pun intended).

I'll admit, accusation doesn't equal guilt... but when a man gets accused over and over and over again, and people DON'T start taking notice, that's irresponsible.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

And Bill Clinton was impeached for a lie regarding one of his sexual-escapades. If you've got a point to make, please make it. You guys are getting really old with this "liberal bias" horseshit.

Speaking of which:

quote:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Journalist David Brock made his name as a conservative muckraker, including an attack on Anita Hill whose accusations of sexual harassment nearly derailed the nomination of Clarence Thomas as Supreme Court justice.

Now, in a new book, Brock says he knowingly lied when he defended Thomas in a critical review of another book on the Thomas confirmation hearings. But Brock's former allies say his credibility has been badly damaged.

Sounds like a conservative bias in this case. But, then again, you don't see me crying about it.

And now, to get us back on topic (although Omega and Rob are doing a commendable job trying to get us off topic...), I will paraphrase Rob:

How many times does a man need to be accused of being an idiot before people start going 'Hmm, I see a pattern here!'?

Apparently, what's good enough for Clinton isn't good enough for George "I Succeeded Because of Daddy's Name!" Bush.

[ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

[ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's just me, but we seem to have driven the Flameboard right into the nearest ditch. Is there anything rational left to be said about anything?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're arguing with Jeff. Who needs rationality?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you never have... :-)

"I'll admit, accusation doesn't equal guilt... but when a man gets accused over and over and over again, and people DON'T start taking notice, that's irresponsible."

Erm... I think just about everyone in this country, and most people out of it, know that Clinton's one big walking hard-on. What do you mean when you say no-one's noticing?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, Clinton's been accussed of sleeping around?

*gasp*

Brilliant job the media did of hiding that. Next you'll be shocking me by revealing that he sold weapons to a country you're not on best terms with...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grow up or shut up. Final warning.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps