Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Dealing with dumb people... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dealing with dumb people...
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no offense snay, but i've worked papa john's, and only have bad things to say for it. cocksuckers.

I thinks you should get as much blackmail material on this wanna-be corporate and turn him in to your personal bitch for being such a bastard.

not that I have a grudge against the company, or anything.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

That's all that I have to say about that!

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just so you know I'm not totally serious: [Wink]
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's okay. Were your problems with the company (if you were serious about that) with local management at the store/supervisor level, or corporate level?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thoughtcriminal84:
just so you know I'm not totally serious: [Wink]

PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!

HEHE!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a job once where I had to do the whole hire/train/review/discipline/rehabilitate/fire employees thing. I never once looked at the education backgrounds of any of the candidates. Of course, I was just the desk manager for my school big residence tower complex. Not going to see too many degree-holding people applying for a minimum-wage job working the front desk of a dorm. [Big Grin]

Now, I do behind-the-scenes work for an IT staffing company. I can tell you that it really depends on the hiring manager and the pool of candidates for the specific position. For instance, I've seen people get hired at the "big" corporations (including Enron) who don't have a degree. These hiring managers wanted experience, and the applicant pool wasn't too big. On the flip-side, I have seen instances of hiring managers wanted a specific degree or certification and refused to see anyone who didn't have it.

In short: it varies. All things being equal, a degree won't necessarily help you, but it certainly won't hurt you either.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Member # 480

To make a long story short, my grudge with papa john's is probably limited to the Local store management level...

I had a minor dispute with the manager one fine day over some of P.J.'s fine buisness practices. Essentially, I wasn't saying "Driver In" or "Driver Out" when I entered or left the building as loudly as he wanted.

This, of course, is not a big deal, and it wasn't a problem at first. I made the effort to say those silly things louder. But then other things started to pop up. Like for example, I forget to wear the hat inside, leaving in my car.

Again, not a big deal. I understand it's company policy, hey, I'm mature.

But the bitch out I received for it was not proportional to the size of my mistake. I shrugged it off, thinking, hey, he's an asshole, so what, I made seventy bucks in tips tonight.

The next day, I'm making the pizza. And lo and behold, I made a pizza that was not "eight". You know what that means? There's a little sign in (I believe) all Papa John's that says "If it's not eight, WE REMAKE!". It means that each and every single pizza has to be exactly eight slices big.

Mine was not. It was six. AGAIN, not a big deal.

This bastard chewed me out over a pie that costs maybe two bucks to make, and then tried to make me pay full price for it, because "I screwed the pooch." At the time, this was ten bucks.

I had been working there for four months when this happened, and this sort of evil shit had never occurred before.

My reaction was rather subdued at first. But you see, this particular man was using the policies of Papa John's in order to fulfill some kind of sick Control Fantasy. I didn't realize that until he threatened to fire me unless I paid for it.

I remember thinking things like "What?" and "Huh?"...

Now I swear. I've had some shit jobs. I worked at an IBP, if that tells you anything. But never, and I mean never, have I gotten so much grief over so minor a thing.

So when I was fired for not paying for that pie, I went and talked to other Papa John's people in town (we have four stores here) and amazingly, many of them told me that they had seen similar happen more often than not.

I wrote several letters to the Better Buisness Bureau, and sent a couple off to papa john's regional offices, but I never even got a "Sorry, guy, our managers are all on crack."

so I dislike them. I think it's funny now, but I can hardly explain how pissed I was at the time.

I'll never eat one of their perfect eight slice pizzas again.

And yes, I realize I probably sound like an insane person ranting, so I'll shut up.

Constellation of One
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Constellation of One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take it from a high school teacher, you don't need a four year college degree to be a success in life. Being an honest, hard worker is success enough. But...

If someone doesn't attend college, at least a junior college for a certification or a trade school for vocational training, then they should be prepared for a LOT of low paying jobs, for a long time. Um, would you like fries with that?

Robert

--------------------
Everything in life I ever needed to know I learned from The Simpsons.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er.. how can a pizza NOT be eight slices big? You cut it in quarters, then you cut the quarters in half!

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, 10" get cut in six slices, 16" get 10 slices. And you try cutting a perfect pie during Friday night dinner rush ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always cut them into 6's. Cut it in half, and then cut two thirds.

God, this is boring.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Member # 480

yep.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you ever wish you could just bitch out at someone? I mean just go ape-shit on some stupid moron. I once saw this old bat at the counter in a Tim Hortons go nutz because she thought her coffee was to hot for her to hold. Most people would hav asked for a second cup to put the first in. But she told them that she wanted her money back, AND to have another COOLER cup of coffee givin to her for free. The person at the till told her that they don't do refunds on interac, but they would give her another cup. while the till worker was getting that she began swearing at her because she was "too slow". At about this time I was walking past her to get out the door, when she started yelling again. so I told her to "shut the F*CK up, you whiny old bitch". and walked out the door. She stared at me for at least 5 minutes as I walked back to school. I wish I could see her wrinkly old face again. she was so shocked she drooled in her coffee. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps