Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I just thought this was funny... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I just thought this was funny...
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right. I should have said that the difference is in their beliefs about how much of the money that you EARN should go into your checking/savings account, because it belongs to you, and how much of it should go to "the people."

Since I put all of my money into my checking/savings account, and would do so even if I paid no taxes at all, for ME it's exactly the same as saying "how much of the money that you WOULD put in your checking/savings account otherwise should be taken away and given to 'the people.'"

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Rob, somebody's gotta pay for ... (ready for it?):

Printing the very dollar bills with which people trade.
Public roads.
Rural electrification.
Government subsidized telephone wiring.
Satellite communications.
Police protection.
Military protection.
A criminal justice system.
Fire protection.
Paramedic protection.
An educated workforce.
An immunized workforce.
Protection against plagues by the Centers for Disease Control.
Public-funded business loans, foreclosure loans and subsidies.
Protection from business fraud and unfair business practices.
The protection of intellectual property through patents and copyrights.
Student loans.
Government funded research and development.
National Academy of Sciences.
Economic data collected and analyzed by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
Prevention of depressions by Keynesian policies at the Fed (successful for six decades now).
Dollars protected from inflation by the Fed.
Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Public libraries.
Cooperative Extension Service (vital for agriculture)
National Biological Service.
National Weather Service
Public job training.

"Why shouldn't the American people take half my money from me? I took all of it from them."

Edward Albert Filene (1869-1937)

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
**Points out the Omegaian "Either/Or" Fallacy that Snay seems to have fallen into.**

quote:
about how much of the money
See that? "How MUCH," Not, "If ANY"

I don't think even the most diehard Republican would try to say that NO Federal or State or Local funding is necessary for ANYTHING.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Rob, I saw that. I simply felt the need to point out to you that its impossible to make any money in the U.S. without relying on the infastructure paid for by taxes, therefore, why bitch about how much you have to pay? Check out the quote in my previous post.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet another fable...

The ant was a hard worker, of this there can be no doubt. But she (because ants that work are female, friends. the males are slackers who just want to fuck and die.) wasn't very original when it came to how she did her work. She did it the same old way along with all of her female, sex in the city watching ant friends, and was eventually killed by a big fat kid with a magnifying glass.

The big fat kid was named Ralph, and came from Buffalo. He was slightly retarded. He used alot of ant poison out of spite, and destroyed the anthill with the viscious relish only children and maniacs know.

The Grasshopper was shocked, and mortified, at least at first. But then she (also a female, here.) started thinking "Hey, I can now institute my liberal Leaping policies with no intervention from those bastard Ants! Thus Years of Greenism will finally end, and all shall be free from the yolk of the Queen Ant, (may the bitch rot in hell)."

But without the Army ants to provide protection, and distraction for his moronic pleasures, Ralph came and stomped the grasshopper to death with his size thirteen Reeboks. "Tee Hee," he bellowed, "It pops like wet Play dough!"

The Spiders had seen all of this, and were overjoyed. Finally, they thought, an end to stupid Grasshopper rule! In celebration, they all got drunk and spun webs with big holes in them for all the other bugs to look at. The flies passed right through their previously effective webbing, and went straight to the good shit.

Then the Killer Bees from Africa came and killed Ralph because he was listening to N'synch too loud. (They don't like loud noise.)

Ralph the retarded sadist was buried in Wisconsin, even though he was from Buffalo.

Which most people found to be pretty amusing.

In the years to come, other insects would come into power, and eventually die off, because most of them are female, and females get PMS and are not to be trusted with power.

[Smile]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I simply felt the need to point out to you that its impossible to make any money in the U.S. without relying on the infastructure paid for by taxes, therefore, why bitch about how much you have to pay?

Because relatively little of my taxes actually GO to that infrastructure. More go to failed social programs.

You seem to be making the false assumption that there is no difference between objecting to excessive levels of taxation and objecting to the CONCEPT of taxation.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
You seem to be making the false assumption that there is no difference between objecting to excessive levels of taxation and objecting to the CONCEPT of taxation.
You know, for someone who thinks your invisible friend created the universe, you can be really incredibly dense sometimes.

I don't think Rob is excessively taxed. I don't think the rich are excessively taxed. I don't think most anyone who gets a paycheck is excessively taxed. Why? Because without the infastructrue either paid for by, or subsidized by, the government, no one would make any money at all. We're talking roads, training ... countless services that have led to people like Bill Gates to be able to make millions, and even you, Omega, to earn a paycheck.

If you don't want to pay "excessive taxes", quit your job. Live off the land. If you want to take advantage of jobs, then you gotta pay for the stuff that makes it work. And it's really not excessive, dear chum.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another story:

And ant and a grasshopper were arguing about politics over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, ad nauseam. So I stepped on them. Got my shoes all yucky, but it sure was fun...

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was considerably funnier than your Oscar joke. [Smile]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But he missed the cockroach...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*crunch-squish*

Got 'im.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps