Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Who can you trust? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Who can you trust?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, ok, sorry Lee. I didn't realize you British were low on bathrooms.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, obviously having difficulty with the "around the world" concept. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fine, I didn't realize that in addition to consuming more everything then everyone else in the world, that we Americans are also guilty of having more toilets per capita then everyone else in the world.

On a serious note, the 30-minute restriction extended only to flights over or near the Olympic area. Given the events of recent months, and the visibility of the Olympics as the target, I don't see why this restriction is such a hardship.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see ANY rule about not going to the potty AFTER the plane had landed.
You know, after the plane touches down, the bathrooms are STILL THERE. They don't magically disappear into the 8th dimension.

And for whoever asked "what if he gets sick to his stomach?" They have air-sickness bags there for a reason.
And wandering minstrels called "flight attendants" to pick them up and take them away.

As for these other cases... people with that little control over their bodily functions shouldn't be travelling anyway.

[ February 23, 2002, 05:25: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found this
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_PrintFriendly&c=Article&cid=1014418932986

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
As for these other cases... people with that little control over their bodily functions shouldn't be travelling anyway.

Which pretty much rules out the current president's father.

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How wise, how profound, how full of useful data or insightful commentary. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Lee
Member # 393

Well, gosh, Robert, I'm so sorry my little joke lacked that vital Clinton element so essential to your alleged sense of humour. In fact, I'd like to apologise to all of you for having the indecency to make any sort of joke here, where truly serious matters are debated to the death. I'm sure such an act will soon be made illegal by some other silly piece of post-September 11th legislation, in which case you can turn me in.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

We love you, Lee. Have a Bass Ale. Have Rob's car.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Oh, so your comment is inoffensive, while my sarcastic reply somehow merits that venomous response?

Someone's been riding the Porcupine Train.

*Doesn't remember mentioning Clinton for a very long time now.*
*Also doesn't remember any previous mentions of presidents by him in this post*

You must be confusing me with someone else.

Unsurprising. So much nonsense to keep track of, eventually it must get muddled a bit.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Oh, so your comment is inoffensive, while my sarcastic reply somehow merits that venomous response?"

The difference, of course, is that Lee's comment was a joke, while yours was just a complaint about said joke.

"...where truly serious matters are debated to the death."

Now that's just not true. If it were, the matters would have to actually die at some point...

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
been gone a few days...

I see I didn't miss much.

Lee
Member # 393

Thoughtychops: nope, business as usual for the most part. 8)

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bass Ale is horrible. Although Lee did go to university in Newcastle, where people have beards and burn anyone using a mobile phone in case they are a witch, so it's possible Lee likes it.

"Unsurprising. So much nonsense to keep track of, eventually it must get muddled a bit."

What a brilliant summing up of most of the arguments waged around here.

Lee
Member # 393

And the fun part is, that summing-up was courtesy of the person who insists on waging most of said arguments. An American would probably define that as "ironic."

And as for Newcastle, well, you've already proved you have it confused with Manchester. 8)

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps