Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Are you in favor of a US Shadow Government? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Are you in favor of a US Shadow Government?
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering why the people who will succeed the president were not informed about the shadow government. Surely the ones who have to deal with this government, should it be neccessary, should be informed.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A26212-2002Mar1.html

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, people are usually briefed about all the high level top secret stuff after they become president, not before.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Simon, when either the Democratic or Republican candidate recieves his/her party's nomination, they begin recieving briefings on world events ... so that if they do become President, they're up to speed from the get-go.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only the Republican and Democratic candidates? I guess that just shows how screwed-up out political system is, when, even in an official capacity, it simply goes w/o saying that one of those two parties will win.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, seriously. Although if the Green Party could make itself a contender to recieve federal funds, I'm sure Ralph Nader would get briefings too [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said all.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how many of the presidents in the last 30 years have immediately asked questions like "so who DID kill Kennedy?" and "tell me about Area 51."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Speaking of which, Monty Burns lamented about Scrooge McDuck in tonight's The Simpsons. Hah!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of which, penguins like fish.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose that this is where Dick Cheney and Mike Bloomberg have been spending most of their time. Or at some gay nudie beach. One or the other.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In all reality, the 'secret bunker' is one of the least-kept secrets the government has. We've had one or another for decades... one of the old ones was recently closed permanently, although I heard there was some talk of some hotel chain or amusement co. buying it and opening it to the public.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Yeah, I saw the History Channel special on it. It was built under a wing of a resort (Green Briar?) in West Virginia (interestingly enough, the government paid for the new wing to cover the building of the bunker).

Some theorize that if members of Congress had been evacuated there during the Cuban Missile Crisis, we wouldn't be here right now (apparently, it would've frightened the Soviets into a preemptory launch).

A reporter for The Washington Post heard some rumors, did some digging, and broke the story about the bunker (quite big -- large enough for all members of the House and Senate, and capable of being sealed for a good number of months, I believe) in the Sunday Magazine.

Shortly thereafter, the bunker was closed and is now (I believe) a tourist attraction.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was there enough space for the War Room? Including the Big Board?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I don't know. Turn on The History Channel why don't you?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, there wasn't enough room for the W.O.P.R and "Joshua."

Professor Falken could not be reached for comment.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps