Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Hope? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hope?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to mention that, ever since they made murder illegal, only criminals kill people. But the point was already made at the expense of red-haired people.

And "tango" is the phonetic alphabet equivalent of 'T'. Are the bad guys in "Rainbow Six" something that starts w/ 't'? Terrorists, maybe, or something similar?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there are lots of terrorists in it.

About the weapons-situation in the middle-east, africa and asia, I wonder how it would look if I went back in time and strangled Comrade Kalashnikov, huh?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'd be firing an Assault Smith-47! [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, leave Smithy alone.

What in wholly fuck is an Assault Smith? Is he friend of 'B A' Baracus?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AK-47 stands for Automat Kalashnikov 47. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that like one of those fancy As Seen on TV door mats that keeps your shoes always in the clean position? It is automat!
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And banning guns has made Washington, D.C. the safe and crime-free paradise it is today.

20% of guns siezed in D.C. are homemade.

[ March 16, 2002, 08:15: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Source ... ? Because, frankly, Rob, it sounds like you're digging in your rear again [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHOA! You're right. I screwed up big time. Edited for accuracy.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

[Smile] But could we still have a source ... ? I'm interested in how people go about constructing guns (I guess I could go watch "In The Line of Fire" again, tho ...)

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Took some digging, but here:

BATF, Analysis of Operation CUE
(Concentrated Urban Enforcement), interim report (Washington D.C.: February 15, 1977), pp. 133-34.

Admittedly, this was 24 years ago. However, given the number of sources available to learn how to make homemade guns (see below, all available from Amazon.com), the number probably hasn't shrunk.

"Do-It-Yourself Submachine Gun: It's Homemade, 9mm, Lightweight, Durable -- and It'll Never Be on Any Import Ban Lists!" by Gerard Metral

"Expedient Homemade Firearms, The 9mm Submachine Gun" by P. A. Luty

"Homemade Guns & Homemade Ammo" by Ronald B. Brown

"Homemade Ammo, How to Make It, How to Reload It, How to Cache It" by Duncan Long

"Improvised Modified Firearms, Deadly Homemade Weapons" by J. David Truby & John Minnery

etc.

[ March 16, 2002, 09:18: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Um, okay. Very informative, but shouldn't we try to do something about the flow of guns being purchased legally and getting into the hands of criminals?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, Omega, if you'd bothered to read the thread, I posted an article which explained how limiting handgun purchases to one a month reduced the blackmarket distrubition of handguns from Maryland and Virginia to various cities.

Apparently, however, you decided not to read the thread. I suggest you do it now before continuing. Thank you so much for your time.

[ March 16, 2002, 19:08: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I was hoping for a little more detail on how this plan is implemented. Is there some central database that keeps track of all handgun purchases in these states?

As always, intent doesn't matter unless you have a decent method of execution.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps