Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Citizen Clinton (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Citizen Clinton
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I would post this here, there are still some Clinton bashers around and stuff.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/731408.asp?0dm=V23IN

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you go in the front, you'll get swarmed by NSF guards, but you'll be backed up by a few UNATCO troops, and Agent Navarre. But, the back way, through one of the open windows is always the best way, as you'll have the element of surprise. Don't forget to find the Ambrosia shipment in the kiosk in the middle. The code for the bolt-hole is 666. And give the kid some Soy Food.

Er, Citizen, not Castle. OK.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"All your media outlets are belong to Bill. For great publicity!"

Truly, they can no longer reasonably deny that he is the media's special darling.

He's been out of office a year now, and he's still the focus of all this hype. You didn't see our other recent presidents get this kind of coverage after they left office. Oh, we heard about Bush's skydiving, and Reagan's Altzheimers, but that was pretty much it for them. This guy, he's somewhere every day. He's moving into Harlem, his dog dies, he had a bad case of the hiccups...

Fawn, fawn, fawn. Yawn, yawn, yawn.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob and his "liberal media" crap surface again. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The media did cover the death of a DOG. They did write this article, and several other recent features. Do you deny these events?
Do you deny the vast amount of coverage this man is receiving compared to other recent presidents? Or can you show me in-depth media coverage of George HW Bush's post-presidential life?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They also covered George W. Bush choking on a pretzel. Gee, I guess they must be a Conservative bias!

And how does focus on Clinton = liberal bias rather then "gee, we put Clinton in the news, EVERYBODY turns in to watch!" as opposed to "Gee, we put George HW Bush in the news, everybody switches stations!"

Interesting logic.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

George W. Bush is IN OFFICE, yutz. It's news if he gets the flu. It's not news if Clinton gets the flu. His day in the sun is over.

As for your latter unfounded assertion, can you show that news ratings go up when Clinton is mentioned? Otherwise you're shooting your own foot.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, hey, you're apparently up to date on every post-office story they've done on him, now aren't you? And you're not exactly someone who should be talking about "unfounded assertations", since very rarely do you post in the Flameboard without making the same about the "liberal media" (and then using Clinton's dead dog as supporting evidence).

[ April 02, 2002, 18:37: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snayer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

At least I can back up my assertions with incidents. All I see you doing is trying to sidestep the issue.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Oh, please. Your assertation is "the media is liberal" and you're "evidence" is that they did a story on Clinton's dog. Woooooo.

Nevermind that the media has been very pro-Bush since 9/11. Nevermind that the media downplays everything about Ashcroft's destruction of Constiutional Ammendments. If that's not a Conservative bias, I don't know what is.

Does the media go around doing stories about the stupidity of a "war on terror", or wonder why George W. Bush only sees things as "good" and "evil" when nothing is ever that simple? Do you see the media blaming Reagan & Co. for funding bin Laden* in the first place, or just Clinton for not killing him? Do you see any mention of the FBI's anti-terrorist budget being tripled under Clinton's watch, or the GOP Congress shooting down his anti-money-landering legislation that would've hindered Al-Queda?

Oh, but the media did a story on a dead dog. So, obviously ... (and of course, the fact that the dead dog belonged to a sitting US Senator had nothing to do with it at all. No, none whatsoever).

There's a song by Harvey Danger you should listen too. Describes you to a t.

*Oh, and I know what you're going to say. "Reagan gave the money to Pakistan, he didn't know what they were going to do with it." It's your old line, and the fact that you can delude yourself to such a degree is ... well, delusional.

[ April 02, 2002, 19:21: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snayer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, this is going somewhere...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by U//Magnus:
Well, if you go in the front, you'll get swarmed by NSF guards, but you'll be backed up by a few UNATCO troops, and Agent Navarre. But, the back way, through one of the open windows is always the best way, as you'll have the element of surprise. Don't forget to find the Ambrosia shipment in the kiosk in the middle. The code for the bolt-hole is 666. And give the kid some Soy Food.

Er, Citizen, not Castle. OK.

Deus Ex was a really great game! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
Well, this is going somewhere...
It is. We're about to disprove Rob's "liberal media" theory he loves so much. [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, you aren't. Because it's a waste of all of our time and energy for you to attempt to conclusively prove something that is by its very nature contentious.

Either make this thread serve some kind of practical, interesting purpose, or I'll do my thing.

[ April 02, 2002, 20:37: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
George 41 is just so boring and Reagan is a vegatable, that is why they get no coverage. Sure Clinton is a media darling it is because people like him and care about what happens to him. George 41 never does anything or is just overshadowed by his son to the point that nobody cares. And Reagan will not make the news again until he dies.
Carter gets the odd coverage when called upon to mediate something or when HFH needs money.
Real answer
Republicans = boring
Democrats = exciting

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps