Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Citizen Clinton (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Citizen Clinton
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there is a possible extention of that, i.e. that GOP presidents have a tendancy to stay out of the pulic eye for a while after leaving office, as is generally considered proper, whereas Clinton does't care about that...

But that's just a theoretical explaination for why Clinton got more attention, i.e. he wanted it. It still doesn't explain the specific instance of the story on the death of Clinton's dog AFTER he was out of office. That's just absurd.

Nevermind that the media downplays everything about Ashcroft's destruction of Constiutional Ammendments.

For which you have yet to provide any concrete examples.

*yawn*

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fluff human interst piece. I bet that explains it.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
For which you have yet to provide any concrete examples.
Examples have been provided, Omega, several times over. You just stick your fingers in your ears and scream as loudly as you can so your imaginary world can continue to spin.

quote:
that GOP presidents have a tendancy to stay out of the pulic eye for a while after leaving office, as is generally considered proper,
Uh, eh? Carter didn't stay out of the public eye? Johnson didn't? Kennedy didn't? Oh, yeah, he got shot. You're just making those gross generalizations you're oh so famous for, nevermind that they (much like you) don't make any sense.

Gee, let's look at recent GOP presidents. Ya'll would've been screaming "fucking liberal media" if they'd covered Reagan, who has probably been stumbling around the streets buck-naked, being he has alzheimers. "How dare those liberal media jew assholes show him walking in his undies?" As for Bush, he lost the election in disgrace.

Now I'm not sure about Reagan, but I know Bush stayed busy after leaving office. He gave speeches (I saw that on the news). As for Clinton, of course he's still in the news. The Republican Party, bitter about so many embarassments, is STILL going after Clinton! And, oh, yeah, his WIFE is a US SENATOR. Think THAT might have something to do with it? I'm sure if Mrs. Reagan had joined the Senate in '88, Ron would still be in the news quite a bit.

Clinton? Let's see, got thwarted by the Republicans a lot of time (including that legislation that would've cut off funds to Al-Queda), got impeached by the Republicans, and to the delight of everyone, the Republicans got egg on their face time and time again (no doubt pissing them off, since they keep painting him as the Devil). Ok, sure, Gore didn't win the White House, but Clinton left on the top, and it seems to me you and Rob are still bent out of shape about it. Especially now that George W. is running this nation into the ground with his lies and agendas, and you Omega, who proclaim to love freedom so much, close your eyes and walk like a sheep to the slaughter.

Sorry for the rant. By the way, Omega, nice to see you finally recovered from your last blistering defeat in the flameboard and returned.

[ April 03, 2002, 09:49: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snayer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, might I recommend you stop confusing your milk carton and a toilet in the future? Your corn flakes will thank you for it.

[ April 03, 2002, 11:31: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was more than your average amount of flameboard bile in that one wasn't there.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, and the bile-to-rationality ratio was pretty abysmal, too.

Let's see...

quote:
Ashcroft... [raving deleted] Bush Jr... [raving deleted]
What do these people have in common?
They're in office.

Clinton is not.

And as for what Ashcroft and Bush Jr. are doing... what, you don't think the media is scrutinizing it? How else do you think you're hearing about all these things you and others have been ranting about, from the nuclear contingency plans to the so-called shadow government to the conditions at Guantanamo... the voices in your head?

Millie, Bush 1's dog and the only White House pet ever to 'author' a book, (and thusly far more newsworthy than Buddy) died in May 1997.

A google search (Bush Millie dies) shows no coverage outside a few minor pet publications.

However, googling Buddy (Clinton Buddy dies) immediately brings up news stories from CBS, ABC, MSNBC, Yahoo, Time, and Free Republic.

Pretty concrete.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOU are MISSING the DEUS EX JOKE that I MADE earlier. CONGRATULATE ME!
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Examples have been provided, Omega, several times over. You just stick your fingers in your ears and scream as loudly as you can so your imaginary world can continue to spin.

Not on this board. At least, not that weren't totally absurd and shown to be such.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Jeff, might I recommend you stop confusing your milk carton and a toilet in the future? Your corn flakes will thank you for it.
SHIET MAN! ULTRA BURN!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least it wasn't Fruit Loops or Special K.....
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm archiving this thread, so I can use it to slap certain right-wingers in the face by the time Dubyah's term ends. He'll remain a public figure --- wouldn't that be considered improper, Ommie? The shock! The horror! --- long after the next president has been installed, what with 9/11 et all.

Hypocrisy, you gotta love it.

[ April 03, 2002, 15:16: Message edited by: Cartman ]

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Something tells me that the only thing concrete about doing your google search there Robespierre, is that you have done a google search.

I doubt that there is some overarching conspiracy lurking in the shadows.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll see, when I have a day off and can get to the local P.L., what the RGPL has to say about the matter.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Rob, if the media is so overwhelming liberal, how do you have ANY dirt on Clinton at all? Shouldn't we all be saying "Monica ... who?"

Oh, right, the dog. Forgot about that.

Omega: your head is so deep in the sand, it's not even funny. It's okay. Stay there. Honestly, you're a lot more tolerable with your butt up in the air.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/6157/

I did find this FOT is it the same thing?

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps