Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Deep Throat? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Deep Throat?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised the English language makes sense to you.

Let's get on topic.

Pat Buchanan = Deep Throat?

Odd, yes.

And I don't understand why The_Tom would say that my first post here was those nasty things. Lazy, yes. But not the rest. I think Tom was angry because he was going to post a thread about it with some clever title, but I beat him to it first.

Soooo sorry, Mr. The_Tom.

[ June 15, 2002, 14:24: Message edited by: Snay ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And now, an educatory moment...

Tom said the following:

"My mind is officially blown.

(I refer to Jeff's original post, of course, using the above as an idiom, rather than letting it have anything to do with fucking myself at a retard convention)

[Oh, and a link, because Jeff is lazy and incredibly bitter and nasty: http://www.msnbc.com/news/764689.asp ]"

Now, let's break this down and study it piece-by-piece to figure out precisely what it meant, and why none of it was offensive in the first place...

"My mind is officially blown."

To "have one's mind blown" is a common figure of speech used to express a condition of surprise and/or amazement.

"(I refer to Jeff's original post, of course..."

This statement indicated that Tom's amazement was caused by the original subject of the thread (i.e., the potentiality of "Deep Throat"'s identity being that of Pat Buchanan). Tom presumably felt this statement was necessary, as, before his post, the subject had begun to change.

"...using the above as an idiom..."

"The above" is Tom's mention of his mind being "blown". He indicates here that his mind was not, in any literal sense, blown, but that he was simply employing the aforementioned "common figure of speech", or "idiom".

"...rather than letting it have anything to do with fucking myself..."

Unfortunately for modern culture, the word "blow" has become associated w/ a certain sexual practice, also called "fellatio". Tom clarifies that his mind was "blown", not in a sexual sense (hence, he was not "fucking [him]self"), but rather in a dumbfounded sense.

"...at a retard convention)"

This appears to merely be a reference to the post immediately preceding Tom's. It does not seem to server any other purpose than to add an extra sense of humor or sarcasm to the post.

"[Oh, and a link, because Jeff is lazy and incredibly bitter and nasty:"

A joke, based upon the fact that no article was provided w/ the original post, and also based upon sarcastic, but presumably good-natured insulting (a.k.a. "ribbing") of Jeff.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this in-depth analysis of the historical events surrounding the misunderstanding which led to over fourteen hours of off-and-on bickering, insulting, and all-around nastiness. Hopefully, this will better educate everyone, be they involved in the conflict or not, to just chill the fuck out and quit whatever all the hating bullshit around here these days is about.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
(I refer to Jeff's original post, of course, using the above as an idiom, rather than letting it have anything to do with fucking myself at a retard convention)
But none of my posts had anything to do with fucking anyone at a retard convention, so could you explain that bit to me?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This thread makes no sense To me at all.
JUSTICE!

Poetic, that is.

(And Snay, look at CaptainMike's first post, the fourth of the thread. There you will find such reference to a retard convention. And I will refrain from any derogatory remarks, no matter how tempting or easy it would be to make one.)

[ June 15, 2002, 17:08: Message edited by: OnToMars ]

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

YES I KNOW HE TYPED THAT! THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT! NONE OF MY POSTS HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH FUCKING ANYONE AT A RETARD CONVENTION!

The point is, it seems The_Tommy is attributing that to ME, and it is not MINE, so why does he keep attributing it to ME?!

The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The post was meant for me. Why is he poniting it at Snay?
IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff: He never suggested that you said it. Anyone who had read the posts before his should have known exactly what he was talking about.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, TSN, when I saw what he wrote about me being "bitter" and whatnot, I assumed he read Mike's sentence, assumed it was mine, and was reaming me out for it.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Far too many assumptions.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snay, I'm with everyone else here: he wasn't trying to hurt your precious little feelings, so CHILL! You don't HAVE to understand the joke, just accept that it was one and move on with your life.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

My feeling are very precious. They must be mended carefully. $50 should do it (hey, I'm cheap).

Seriously, tho, I'm more concerned that he was attributing the "retard convention" line to me. When it wasn't mine to be attributed too.

Omega: I don't care whether you're flying into a flock of seagulls, or charging a horny rhino with a plastic fork. If you somehow think you deciding to agree with everybody for once is going to get me to drop something, you're wrong.

Hell, if anything, it'll just give me more reason to keep opposing the unjustice that was Mr. Tom's post, just so I can argue with you more! Woohoo! Bring it on!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"...I'm more concerned that he was attributing the "retard convention" line to me."

He WASN'T! Gods, how thick do you think we can possibly believe you to be?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as "irony", "sarcasm", and "werid shit". If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm, well Kudos to TSN for the brilliant analysis of The_Tom's post.
unfortunately Snay still has not grasped on to what The_Tom had meant in his post, even wit TSN's brilliance. A shame.

to help it further - The_Tom was merely enforcing the fact that his surprise was attributed to the knowledge of Pat Buchanan might be 'Deep Throat'. Instead of his idiom refering to the CaptainMike's post on retard conventions.
he in no way meant any nastiness to Snay, and that the 'bitter' and 'nasty' comments were only in jest.

my two cents.

oh Psyliam if u object to me using your post content as my signature, pm me thnx.

Buzz

[ June 17, 2002, 02:59: Message edited by: Fedaykin Supastar ]

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deep Throat was definitely Ben Stein.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps