Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » "Air FatAss flight 217 now boarding at gate 12..." (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Air FatAss flight 217 now boarding at gate 12..."
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This discrimination problem is easily solved with a note from the doctor explaining your obesity as the result of a overactive gland of some sort or some other condition, where as "I'm too lazy to exercise" is not a valid medical excuse. If you can afford that extra serving of fries every meal, you can afford that extra seat charge. Consider it as simply spending that money you saved by not going to the gym on travel.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great, now you need to have a doctor's note if you are fat and going to fly.....

Shik, the great set of jugs may reduce the distance to me.......

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly. Illegal discrimination is based on aspects of a person over which they have no control or aspects over which society has deemed that they have every right to excersize full control without fear of being discrimated against for it.

Race, sexual preferece, disease, handicap, national origin, religion... these are all valid things that would fit under the discrimination law. If they were charging midgits double the price because they were...i don't know...scary to the pilot, it would be discrimination. But someone being obese when it isn't due to a medical problem isn't discrimination. Even when it is a medical issue... should another passenger really have to deal with having half of their seat taken up? I just don't see that as being right either.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Discrimination is not, in and of itself, a bad thing. Discrimination based on something that doesn't matter in the slightest is a bad thing. If someone takes up two seats, that matters. If someone is black, it makes no difference whatsoever, unless you're into statistical analysis of life expectancy or something.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brought to you by VintageOmegaBrand�.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sir, if you'd just quiet down, I'd be happy to treat you to a garbage bag full of popcorn."
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eat less, exercise more.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps