Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » Very Short Treks! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Very Short Treks!
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not funny, though. It's just stupid & surreal, & not eaven in a good way.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
What Dukhat said got me thinking. What IS this? Why does it exist?

... OK, we know why it exists. It's to commemorate the 50th anniversary of TAS. But they could have done that quite easily, done a bunch of the other shows in the TAS style much like that fan-made recreation of BoBW, and everyone would have been quite happy. But no, we got... THIS.

So really, who is this FOR?

The only thing I could come up with is that some shithead producer thought that making animated shorts in the TAS style, but with LDS humor, would be a kewl thing to do. Not for any perceived audience, but just so they could pat themselves on the back for their great idea...even though TAS was rarely meant to be humorous. And because LDS's humor is far more stupid than it is funny, that's what these things ended up being.

God forbid these people do something like this for DS9's 50th anniversary.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That’s 19 years away, not far off how long it’s been since the cancellation of Enterprise brought to a close an 18-year run of Trek TV. So that feels a bit too theoretical at this point, who knows what TV - if we even still call it that by then - will look like..?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll give 'Very Short Treks' one thing...it's made 'These Are the Voyages' and even *shudder* 'Shades of Gray' look like Shakespeare. Maybe cancellation and oblivion wouldn't be such a bad thing after all...
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walk, Don’t Run

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Holy fuck.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They didn't really even bother to pretend that it wasn't an ad for Lower Decks, huh?
Lee
Member # 393

Which is weird, because LDS is arguably the most-liked nuTrek show to date. Hardly needs to advertise really. Unless it’s just not getting the numbers internationally now it’s not on Prime. Which would account for McMahon’s warning the other day that nothing is set in stone, that LDS could all too easily be 5 seasons and out?

And which I suspect could be said for the other show that started elsewhere - DSC, obviously: it comes off Netflix after s3, s4 is, well, let’s say a bit of a Marmite season, and now it’s cancelled before s5 even airs.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps