Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Death List (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Death List
Individual 5748
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
These crewmembers were recently posted at Roll Call. How he got them, beats me. But here they are:

Commander J. Bartlett
Ensign Amanda J. Crag
Lieutenant J. Ewing
Lt Commander L McLaren
Ensign Charles Ming
Lieutenant I. Seaman
Lt Commander T. Zielen

------------------
"Questions, comments, bring them to me. Problems, take them to Kinis."

IP: Logged
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happened to the Crazy Vulcan who tried to knock over B'elanna?

------------------
So, how's that Survivor-contest coming along, Newt?
-Well not very well at the MOMENT, everyone seems to have died.
-Gee, that's bad. Those Aliens bugging you yet?
-Not really, they mostly come at night mostly...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think "knock up" is the euphamism you're looking for.

As for the character, Vorik, he is presumably still around.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All those Lt.Cmdrs and Cmdrs in the "Imperfection" KIA list must be initial casualties from "Caretaker". How else could such high ranks be explained?

What was the rank of the CMO? Did he have 3 or 2.5 pips? It would make the most sense if he was a full 3-pipper, because then it wouldn't matter that he outranked Cavit - he would be outside the chain of command. The two 2.5-pippers could be the Chief Engineer and perhaps the Chief of Ops, neither of whom was seen dead or alive.

If instead the CMO had 2.5 pips, it would be a bit weird for either the CEO or the COO to outrank Cavit. If I had to take a pick, I'd choose the CEO, since he/she would not spend all that much time on the bridge and thus wouldn't step on Cavit's toes.

Timo Saloniemi

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After reviewing "Caretaker" again, i could see 2,5 pips at the Doctors collar, that means he has the Rank of Lt. Comdr.

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
http://www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

Visit Rogue Fleet! The new StarTrek Internet RPG.
RogueFleet
Applications are still running!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know ... a thought here ... maybe the CEO was just there because it was a new ship? I.E., a higher ranking officer just in case something unexpected went wrong (only assigned temporarily -- first couple of missions), and therefore out of the COC?

------------------
Read My Lips: NO NEW TEXANS!
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even if assigned there only for the "three hour tour" he'd still be in the COC. Otherwise it wouldn't really be a chain....

TK

Off topic - can someone e-mail me if they know how one could set up a board like this (what software, etc.) I'd like to set something like this up at (gasp) [email protected]

[This message has been edited by Toadkiller (edited November 01, 2000).]

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
COO? COC?

CO = Commanding Officer, the correct term for a ship captain not CEO.

XO = Executive Officer, first officer.

COO is Chief of Operations I take it? So what's COC, don't recall hearing that one before.

------------------
Calvin: "Isn't that weird?? If computers can think, what will people be better at than machines?"
Hobbes: "Irrational behavior."
This post is sponsored in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, just looking at the context, I'd assume "COC" is meant to stand for "Chain Of Command"...

------------------
"Yeah...apparently Sizer is very hard to say, so they replace it with 'Is Mr. Caeser home?'
Sometimes I'll say that no, he has, in fact, passed away.
'My apologies.'
'Oh, that's ok, I'm over it. Brutus is still a wreck though.'
Then I hang up."
-Simon Sizer on telemarketers, 1-Nov-2000

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CEO is likely to stand for Chief Engineering Officer. Maybe.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I did mean COC to stand for "Chain of Command"

Not that he wouldn't be in the chain of command, but that his position in the COC would be by his actual duties, and not rank (otherwise he'd outrank Cavit).

TNG "The Arsenal of Freedom" ... Ltjg LaForge is in command, despite the fact that the CEO is a higher ranking officer (and a prick, to boot)

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000
I'll hug your elephant if you'll kiss my ass.
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be on the safe side, the full Commander could also have been a visiting scientist, aboard for taking measurements of the Badlands during what was supposed to be a milk run. You know, go in, grab the Maquis, get out, admire the scenery. A visiting scientist would be likely to carry Starfleet rank (on the E-D, every one of them did, unless he/she/it was a non-Fed alien), yet would play no role in the ship's chain of command.

I know the ship wasn't exactly stocked with extra personnel - no counselor, for example - but a single extra astrophysicist doesn't sound impossible. And that single expert would probably have been of senior rank and expertise, to compensate for his/her lack of staff.

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps