Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » How I'd like Voyager to get home. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How I'd like Voyager to get home.
DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I would like Voyager to return home 2/3 of the way through the final season. I would like Starfleet to forgive the maquis crewmembers and offer them 3 options
1)Stay on Voyager
2)Go to their respective homeworlds
3)Offer them a posistion on another ship.
I see Seven meeting Picard and they talking about their experiences with the Borg. I see Chakotay and Belanna going around what was the former DMZ and visiting Graves of former freinds. I see Janeway taking all her senior officers to wherever they want to go then take Voyager to the Badlands where Voyager began her trip to the Delta Quadrant. I see Neelix travelling the Federation telling tales of his adventures and selling Delta Quadrant artifacts. I see Harry being offered a promotion to Luitenant and prehaps leaving Voyager. I see Paris(if he doesn't die) accompanying Belanna on her journey. I would like to see the EMH tour the Alpha Quadrant telling his tales of his time in the Delta Quadrant and as for the rest of the crew they will scatter to visit their family and Voyager will be drydocked for a while

------------------

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that would make for a rather uneventful last third of the season...

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

I didn't mean that they have a mundane trip around the Alpha Quadrant. I would like to see them have couple of adventures with prehaps Voyager going to the war-torn planets of the Alpha Quadrant. We could have Voyager deep in Cardassian space. She finds a rogue fleet of Jem'Hadar who refuse to beleive the war is over. and they attack and damages Voyager's warp drive. They manage to defeat the fleet but are trapped in Cardassian space. They have only impulse and are dozens of light years in enemy terrority. They must get home!
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We already did that. It was called Deep Space 9.

And there is no Cardassian space anymore.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Sol, it's now called Federation Space.

------------------
So why don't we make a little room in my BMW babe
Searching for some peace of mind
Hey I'll help you find it
I do believe that we are practicing the same religion
- from the song "Fastlove"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, knowing the Federation, I would imagine it is called:

"Cardassian Space Being Held By The Federation Until The Cardassians Are A-Okay And Mature Enough To Be Allowed To Take It Back"

In other words:

The Federation is obviously going to help rebuild Cardassia, and possibly even write a new Cardassian constitution ... in a few years (decades?) when the Cardassians are "back on track", the Federation'll give 'em some of their old territory back to administer.

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"You still don't understand, do you MacLeod? I am the End of Time!" - Kronos

"You're history!" - MacLeod
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

I genrally think that the Cardassian Union still exsists after the war. I think the Alliance will have a vast majority say in how it is run. The Alliance will still keep an eye on events and if signs of a war start I think they will launch a pre-emptive strike. The Romulan Neutral Zone still exsists and was refered to in Star Trek:First Contact and was mentioned in Voyager:Message In a Bottle. In Star Trek 6 The Klingon Neutral Zone ceased to exsist as the federation and Kilngons took half each. This was the first of many steps to peace in the Beta Quadrant and should be therefore important.
Question
When Voyager enters the Beta Quadrant where will it be in comparison to explored space? i.e System J-25 and will Voyager have to pass close by this system. If so it would make an intresting episode!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are many that say Voyager should already be in the Beta quadrant, but I doubt they will ever be. My guess is that their final trip home will involve one last huge jump that covers the rest of the distance. Remember, the way Voyager has always laid out the galaxy, the Delta Quadrant butts right up to the Alpha Quadrant. They also seem to be suggesting that all the crew has to do to get home is make it to the Alpha Quadrant when in fact, Feddie space lies deep within the Alpha Quadrant. I guess they feel that any more intricate detail as to the layout of the galaxy would be too complicated for the average viewer to understand.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I wrote a really bad Voyager fanfic where they finally got home, and - in roughly chronological order:

1. The Maquis crew were tried for their crimes and imprisoned in New Zealand penal colony. However, following (most of) the other events in the story they were pardoned.
2. Paris got sent back to New Zealand to finish his sentence and ended up in a brawl with another prisoner; Chakotay saved his life, repaying the debt he incurred in "Caretaker".
3. Starfleet decided to extensively "debrief" Seven, and since it was the Enterprise-E which first encountered Voyager on its return, Janeway asked Picard to help free her (much like "The Measure of a Man")... helping to complete the cycle begun in "The Best of Both Worlds", and to heal Picard's trauma.
4. Voyager was extensively examined by Starfleet engineers and new technology was obtained. Someone on this board said this might happen with Krenim technology, since they thought the Relativity's bridge resembled that of the Krenim time ship.
5. B'Elanna and her mother reconciled their differences.
6. Tuvok again retired from Starfleet, refusing a promotion, to be with his family on Vulcan.
7. The Doctor's program was reassigned to Jupiter Station to help with EMH development. However he refused, instead wishing to remain on Voyager. He met with Dr Zimmerman, who grudgingly admitted there were flaws in the design, and used the Doctor's evolution and the crew's modifications as the template for the new Longterm Medical Hologram, Mark II.
8. And since he's worked so hard, Harry got promoted to Lieutenant.

Finally, Harry gets back with Libby, Chakotay and B'Elanna go visit some war graves or old Maquis planets, then there was the big Janeway-Chakotay kiss... I went a little wild tying up the loose ends!

... I think nothing less than a three or four part story would do this justice, but...

------------------
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"

[This message has been edited by Starbuck (edited November 10, 2000).]

DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

I think Message in a botlle was Deceptive as Voyager was in the Upper Delta and the Prometheus was in the Middle Beta. The fact that they kept calling it the Alpha Quadrant does leave a number of therorys. Prehaps through the relay you are able to tell where the incoming transmission is coming from. Maybe the incoming transmission did come from the Alpha Quadrant but was transmitted through the Federation subspace network then through the alien network to voyager. As far as Voyager is concerned any ship in the Beta Quadrant Federation is in the Alpha Quadrant as the Federation is small. As for Barge of the Dead the Bird of Prey could have been in the Alpha Quadrant when it got assimalated. The Kilingons where @ peace with the Federation and the Federation would probaly let Klingon ships in their space.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And how would the Cardassians administer their Union?

No, the Cardassians are finished ... Cardassia is undoubtably occupied by Alliance troops, and same with their colonies. It'll be many years before Cardassia regains its independance, much like West Germany after WWII.

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000

"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which makes one wonder... If Cardassia has been split up, akin to post-war Germany, among the major players, will, perhaps, the Romulan section become a sort of Cardassian East Germany? Not Communist, of course, but effectively assimilated into the Romulan Empire, w/o officially being part of it...

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Er ... TSN, do you mean the planet itself or the former holdings of the Cardassians?

I would imagine, if anything, the Cardassian territory (colonies, etc) have been split between the Feds, Klingons, and Romulans.

Of course, it could be that each colony et all has an equal number of troops from each group, administered by a joint command, thereby elminating the possibility of an "East Germany/Berlin" type situation ...

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I was referring to Cardassian space, not the planet itself. On the planet, I think it would be easier to stop that sort of thing from happening.

And you're right, if there is a joint government. But, if the three powers are governing sections separately, it could happen. Might make for an interesting story, even...

------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Starbuck:

Well, I like the whole "Chakotay saves Paris" thing. I think we'll find out that B'Elanna's mother really is dead, thus leaving the ambiguity of whether "Barge of the Dead" was real or not. But the Maquis will all probably visit graves. I'd say Tuvok will probably resign, since, whereas for the rest of the crew seven years on this ship is a big thing, Tuvok is gonna live to be 200, and thus his real family's probably more important to him.

------------------
Francesca: He was born on the tundra, that's where he belongs. You'll kill him if you take him to Toronto.
Thatcher: That's a bit drastic, don't you think?
Francesca: Look, I've been to Toronto. Trust me, nothing can survive there. - "due South"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps