Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Long-range fighter? Big $$$(??) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Long-range fighter? Big $$$(??)
bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spoiler ahead
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
In general the ship in question is an obvious reuse of of the Fed fighter, but I did notice that they scaled it up and added several rows of windows giving the impression of many decks. While I don't really care for this I think they did a aduquite job of portraying the fighter as a entirely different ship. If you think about it we will probably never see this race again, with the series ending, and if we do they will more than likely build a new ship specifically for the episode.

------------------
Access Password
47at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also noticed that, after Kim names the ship, when he's in his "ready room," there is what looks to be a dedication plaque for the ship. I guess Kim replicated one to make the ship more Starfleetish, never once questioning that the ship already looked like a scaled-up version of a Starfleet fighter.

On that subject, the design might have worked better as a "new" Federation starship, what with all the different scalings for the Galaxy family (i.e. the Miarecki kitbashes). Too bad they made it an alien ship whose race we'll never see again. There were some good shots of the ship in the episode.

------------------
Homer: "I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Timo, that sounded a little... condescending!?!

OK, if you put two balls on a table - they're in 3d but they're in the same plane... if you put one on the floor then... well OK... they're in the same plane - but you know what I meant... lucky the pulse was sent out in the same plane as the ship not, say up-down...

Andrew

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dukhat: Maybe you're thinking of something else, but I thought the plaques behind Kim were supposed to be some sort of diplomas or awards or something to that effect...

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps