Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Lt. Carrey (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Lt. Carrey
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trivia Question:

When did we first see Lt. Carrey (altho, he wasn't a lieutenant at the time), and what position was he working?

Answer:

He was an ensign standing tactical relief on the bridge of the Enterprise-D in the first season episode Justice.

I actually wasn't aware of this trivia until today, watching Justice. Very interesting to see him there! Almost as interesting as Colm Meaney's first season appearances first as a conn officer, then as a security guard.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited March 09, 2001).]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was he addressed as Carrey? It would have been a nice continum thing...Damn!!

------------------
"Oh for fuck's sake, stop your moaning,
If you fancy a threesome at this time of night, you can't get start getting choosey about which particular three!
-Queer As Folk, UK

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, he wasn't addressed as "Carey" ... but it's the same actor (I double checked with IMDB), so it's a good bet it's the same character.

Except, he's an ensign, and apparently part of the security department.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't call that a good bet. There are already two characters on Voyager played by actors who played similar but different characters on TNG.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Sure, except we know that McNeil played a dude named "Locarno", while Carey's TNG character was never given a name, thus, it's a good possiblity they're the same character.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget Vorik and Taurik...

------------------
"...I know this board in secret, intimate ways which are beyond your comprehension.... Let's just say that people should *not* be telling me what to do; it should always be the other way around."
-"Red Quacker", conspiracy theorist and contemporary lunatic

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Who and who?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vorik, the young Vulcan engineer on Voyager and, um, the other one, who was a young Vulcan something on the Enterprise. "Lower Decks" specifically. I've always liked him, really, it's too bad he isn't on more often.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Those ... Ferengi?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Ferengi were intentional.

BTW: On Trektoday it was said that both Vorik and Carrey will be seen in the final episode.

Tuvok in the DS9 alternate universe was a nice touch.

And I would have liked to see Captain Janeway being the same person as the Janeway that did a counciling session with Troi.

And one more question: Was Gul Evek actually seen in DS9 after the time of the 'Badlands accident'? It would have been a nice touch to have him be missing after chasing Chakotay.

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, Evek was never seen after "Caretaker", which was a few months into the third seson of DS9. Evek's previous appearance was, I believe, in "The Maquis", the same year he showed up in "Preemptive Strike".

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

[This message has been edited by Mark Nguyen (edited March 09, 2001).]

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for Lt. Carey, his appearance in "Justice" was more just a result of the limited actor's pool. They didn't have Clark in mind when they auditioned for Lt. Carey, as much as he hapened to fit the kind of recurring charactr they were looking for. Still, it's great that things like this can create a continuity between the shows. So Carey was an Ensign inder Lt. Yar in the first season of TNG, transferred off the Enterprise at some point, switched to engineering, and shortly after the TNG seventh season he got assigned as an engineer under whoever the first chief engineer of Voyager was. (probagbly as second in command, given his full-lieutenant rank).

He's not the only guy, too. Lt. Primmin replaced Chief O'Brien on DS9 for several episodes in their first season (albeit Primmin's role was as a Security officer). James Lashly also played a Ensign Kopf in TNG's "Brothers" - he was in Engineering when Data comandeered the bridge. However, his name was never mentioned in dialogue IIRC, so, it can be an interesting bit of continuity there.

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

[This message has been edited by Mark Nguyen (edited March 09, 2001).]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evek was also seen in "Tribunal".

Another little nugget: The Starfleet security chief that was on DS9 before Eddington was an enigineer on the Ent D during the Episode "Brothers" I think. I just saw the ep on tape and there he is. He's never addressed by name but he's an ensign.

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Mark already mentioned him, Aban

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
And homeschooling also turns you into a socially well-adjusted person, capable of talking to people without them wanting to ram a f***ing chair down your throat! - PsyLiam, 3/11/01

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops! Must've been a same time post. But he beat me.

Either that, or I need to lay off the crack before i log on...

Merte!

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

[This message has been edited by Aban Rune (edited March 13, 2001).]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps