Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Lt. Carrey (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Lt. Carrey
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The crack? Didn't see any of those kinds of drawings on your site. . . 8)

------------------
Ross: This is not good for my rage. *takes another pill*

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lt. George Primmin didn't replace O'Brien - he was someone Starfleet wanted to send to DS9, because they didn't trust the 'Changeling'. Sentiments that would AGAIN arise with the arrival of Eddington.

As to Lt. Janeway in TNG's "Man of the People" I think... It couldn't be Kathryn, too young and too soon before Voyager. BUT! Kathryn Janeway did have a younger sister... who knows.

Andrew

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the character bios that come with the "Starship Creator" CD, Taurik and Vorik are supposed to be twins. An interesting rationalization, to say the least...

------------------
You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
The Gigantic Collection of Star Trek Minutiae

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Taurik and Vorik are twins, then why not mention it at all for this long?

------------------
"Oh for fuck's sake, stop your moaning,
If you fancy a threesome at this time of night, you can't get start getting choosey about which particular three!
-Queer As Folk, UK

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's non-information. Why would Vorik say, ever, "oh, my twin brother is on the Enterprise" - ?

------------------
"Kif, I have made it with a woman! Inform the crew!"

- Zapp Brannigan

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the same reason the EMH went in to ridiculous lengths to squeeze in references to Dr McCoy every now and then?

I like the twins idea, and expect to be hearing more of Vorik (however that is spelled) and Carey and other "semi-regulars" (Nicoletti? Ayala, definitely. Are the Delaneys alive?) before the series ends. There's bound to be some sort of a nostalgy trip before the season is over, and reusing these minor characters is a natural thing to do in a nostalgy ep.

Timo Saloniemi

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Primmin didn't replace O'Brien, as much as he replaced Colm Meaney. The Actor was off shooting a movie, and Primmin filled in by reading all O'Brien's lines.

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And not even for the all of Meaney's absense, either. Colm was gone for three or four episodes, I think, and Primmen only appeared in two ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think they explained his absence by a trip to Earth didn't they? I remember noticing that he wasn't around.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdul Abubul Amir."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Either that, or Jerry Bruckenheimer had him beamed out in his sleep, to partake in a fantasy game where he, as a Federal agent for the US government, must sit in the background and watch as someone called John Cusack tracks down a maniac that's hi-jacked a plane full of convicts.

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhhh! OK, so THAT was when Con Air was filmed...

...should of stuck with DS9

plus it would have saved us that TERRIBLE Primmin character.

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't Con Air. Colm filmed that during DS9's hiatus. Besides, Con Air was released in '97, and Colm's absence from DS9 aired in '93. He might've been filming Snapper ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Lee
Member # 393

Unlikely. He had arguably the most significant role in The Snapper - it was less about his daughter's pregnancy than it was about the effect on the head of the family, ie him. Doubt he'd fit in a role like that in only a month or so.

------------------
"Kif, I have made it with a woman! Inform the crew!"

- Zapp Brannigan

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Depends on how quickly they shot it. Snapper fits into the time-period, but there are other candidates. I remember (vaguely) reading an interview where Colm said he had to fly to Europe to film the movie he was missing DS9 for, but I don't recall the title.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was "The Englishman who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain". I got bored with it before I got done reading the title so I never saw it.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps