Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » 'Endgame': Your Comments (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 'Endgame': Your Comments
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought the temporal time directive that Braxton upheld was enforced when a violation in time occured after the directive was made.....therefor for other time altering incidences that occured earlier-like "first contact" and so on---braxton and the others don't show up.

but when the temporal directive was made and enforced---?
I don't know--sometime in the 29th century...

but then what time frame was it that the future janeway came from in "Enf=dgame" ?

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When "Endgame" was first aired, I had to tape it. I was able to see the grave scene, and I think it's one of Voyager's best scenes. I've seen the whole episode now, and the only thing I didn't like was the C/7 romance. At least Seven got her implant fixed so too many emotions wouldn't kill her.

I think that the episode could have been a half hour longer. We could have seen Voyager's triumphant landing in San Fransisco as it happened, instead of on a video recording. The landing at the beginning of the episode was great, another of Voyager's best scenes. In the extra half hour we could have also seen a few quick reunions and congratulations. One thing I really wished that had done (if they had the time) was the crew (or at least the senior staff), Admiral Paris, and Barclay gathering on the bridge, or some Starfleet building for a celebration. Just like the last two finales, the camera could pull out the window. It would pass over the landed Voyager, over the bridge, up higher and higher into space.

Most of that's just wishful thinking, but I'm still happy with the episode. It makes me want more of the 24th century, but I guess I have to settle for what Enterprise brings.

--------------------
"Most Trek chicks are fat ugly dogs who could burn the plating off a starship with their looks."
--The Ultimate Trekker, TrekBBS, December 26, 2001

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the Borg having a transwarp conduit in Federation space is a problem, the blame rests squarely at TNG's feet, not Voyager's.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I disagree Sol. TNG made the Borg scary as hell but not all-powerful. If you ran into them you were in serious trouble, but they didn't have the ability to just show up anywhere at any time...

Voyager went and gave them that ability but made them a whole heck of alot easier to beat.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh...huh? TNG was the show that established that the Borg have transwarp conduits in Federation space.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought TNG just established that the Borg had ships capable of transwarp travel -- not that they had big bus stations floating around where they could just drop a few ships into at any given time.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TNG showed us the renegade Borg had some sort of transwarp conduits... They seemed very dfferent from the ones Voyager showed us.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

While you can assume that the conduit in "Descent" was not the same as the conduit in "Endgame" there is little evidence to support that. We're not given any reason to believe that this small group of rogue drones have invented new technologies. And the conduit effects look different, but so do the Borg.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

It's entirely possible that the conduits the renegades used belonged to whatever species they stole the ship from...and if it's their ship (in other words, if they built it) then who's to say they didn't build the conduits specifically to accomplish their little plan?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Borg did build the ship. If you look closely at the model (I believe some good pics of it are at Bernd's), you can see the Borg insignia. The ship also bears a resemblance to the Tactical cube in exteriors if not in shape.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

If Lore knew how to build transwarp conduits from scratch, he wouldn't have needed the Borg.

Beyond any similarity to the tactical cube, the ship was an integral part of the Borg's plan in "Scorpion."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yes, that ship did show up on a screen, but wasn't supposed to represent some kind of mine or something, in Scorpion?

I don't really want to fight about who and what ruined the Borg. I didn't necessarily like "Descent". But at least it didn't give us so much detail about certain things that it was impossible for the Borg to be believeable.

I just think Voyager filled in too many of the blanks.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Yes. To the first part anyway. But that doesn't mean it can't be used for other things.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps