Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Question - When was the last time Tuvok neck pinched anybody? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Question - When was the last time Tuvok neck pinched anybody?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I woke up this morning and the TV was showing an episode of TOS, where the crew find a planet influenced by a book about the 1920s. Anyway, the point is that Spock was going around neck pinching a whole lot of people, as is was really convenient. It seems that in the series Spock did this an awful lot.

So... Tuvok did this neck pinch thing a whole lot less often. Anyone remember the last time he did so? I know he's done it, but so rarely I can't remember any specific instances. Poor guy...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but how would Braga know about the Vulcan Neck Pinch? He never watched TOS, remember? 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Unification", obviously.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And, IIRC, Odo did it once...

But I can't think of any time Tuvok did...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He did it once in that ep. where the Hirogens are getting their butts kicked by holograms

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tuvok's done it several times, though not with the frequency of Spock.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And as for his last use of the thing, I think it would be during the episode where he was programmed by the strange Bajoran fellow.
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did Tuvok ever do the 'Live long and prosper' hand signal?

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Many times, one imagines, though it's hardly something to keep track of. Why?

[ June 04, 2001: Message edited by: Sol System ]

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I forget the name, but Chuckles was caught in some time distortion thing, and *spoilers* may for someone possibly if you go further.

Anyhow he took Janeway (pre Delta Quad) and showed her the different fractured timelines on Voyager. In one, Tuvok was dying, he did the LLAP thing and died. That's the one time I remember most, cause it was on the other night.

End of spoilers.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just asked my wife this question last night. I've never seen him do so, though I'm sure he has a few times. Obviously being the security officer, he probably has to feel more comfortable using his phaser than a Science Officer would.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How does the neck pinch incapacitate someone? is it like a sleeper hold? or is it some Vulcan psychic energy flow type thing.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It can't be a psychic thing. Data did it once. Though I suppose it's possible they use telepathy to find the exact spot to hit. That would explain why humans can't do it. Data could do it because he could find the right point w/ his supercomputer brain...
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And Xena (Warrior Princess) can do a FSNP too.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
using psychic mind powers to find the spot to hit sounds pretty good to me. i remember the lead character in Spaceballs used a neck pinch on a gaurd. his name escapes me.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps