Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Changing Face of Evil ($$$ Spoilers + Pic $$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Changing Face of Evil ($$$ Spoilers + Pic $$$)
LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Tell me this picture doesn't send chills up your spine...

Here's to hoping the Breen get their collective arses kicked by Starfleet for this.

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."--Yogi Berra
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
The important thing is not to stop questioning."
--Albert Einstein

[This message was edited by LB4747 on April 19, 1999.]

IP: Logged
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I certainly hope we see more than just that shuttle on Earth ;-|

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shuttle? Looks more like Starfleet Academy to me.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I meant the shuttle in the middle of the screen

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If this doesn't get moral down, I don't know what will.

Perhaps some creative juice can go into a Terran Breenkiller or whatever?

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This page took a good two minutes to upload, and all I can say is
" Tarnation Jethro, there's gonna be a reckonin' with them thar cityfolk! Ah declare, them's boys never felt the sting of buckshot in their ass until they feel mah ol' Quantum Cathy. Go get her from under Granny's rockin'-chair,Daisy!"

SanFran never looked as good since "Past Tense".

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I have a number of observations about the picture-
1. In the movie "Search for Spock", the view from Kirk's quarters show towers for apartment complexes. These seem to be missing from this picture. Were they removed between 2285 and 2375?
2. The picture is bloodless. There are no bodies on the sidewalk being tended to by medics, no blood streaming from bodies. The few people seen in the picture seem to be walking about on normal business.
3. Where is the building for Starfleet Headquarters from STVI? Evidence from the first movie and the second movie seem to suggest that the building for SF HQ is in the Presidio of San Francisco. This building seems to be missing, as well as the towers from STIII.
4. There are two shuttles in the picture, not one. The first is a Class 6 shuttle seen sideways. The other I believe is a Class 7 shuttle seen from the bow. She is to the left and above of the first shuttle.
5. The city is hit. Look to the left of the picture. There is a plume of smoke coming out of the city. The fire seems contained. Is this a error in firing or is there a place of significance at the site of the fire?
6. Has anyone identified what the object burning in the bay is supposed to be? This is to the left of the Class 6 shuttle and beneath the Class 7 (?) shuttle.
7. I believe the attack is to dampen the morale of Starfleet and the Federation. Similar to the Doolittle raid of 1942.
8. One last comment-the nearest tower of the Golden Gate bridge is warped. I don't believe that the tower would still be standing.

IP: Logged
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. I guess they are gone
2. This is most likely the aftermath, so all the bodies are in hospitals. Oh, and those people are running in the trailer
3. Starfleet Command is just out of view, it's on top of the high in the very top right corner
4. Type-6 in front and a Type-7 flying behind it, you can tell from the trailer
5. You can see the tops of some building missing, especially where the smoke is coming from
6. No idea
7. yep
8. Maybe she was highly reinforced in the 24th century. I mean, she stayed up in that big storm in Star Trek IV. Also, the large cables may be helping to keep her up, especially the one on the right, which still seems to be taut

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*tries to avoid cursing*

*does anyways*

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll ask again.

1) Given that the earth is surrounded by defence nets, starships, etc. How could anyone get close enough to mount an air raid, which I assume this picture shows.

2) Assuming the dommies are able to get there somehow. Why not just NUKE IT?
You want to demoralise the UFP? Give them several million incinerated corpses and a San Francisco Wasteland. THAT would be a far more intimidating tactic.

Why, it doesn't look as bad as London did during the Blitz, and that level of devaststion didn't demoralise the war effort.

(Idly wonders why they didn't go for Liberty Island...heh, heh, heh.. )

------------------
An unborn scream burst in my stomach,
and spread like cold mercury through my chest.
I covered my face with my hands, but kept looking through my fingers.
"Write that down!", he told the stick.
"Is visibly destroyed, yet unable to turn away".

- Blue Jam

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Liberty Island?
The defense fleet might have been lured away or something. I don't know, I missed the episode where they attacked Earth.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monty: We already know the Dominion would have no problems with exterminating all of Earth. Weyoun#5 seemed eager to do so in one of the Occupation Arc stories. I'm thinking maybe the Breen have something against killing civilians en masse or that your point 1 and 2 tie together and it is somehow because of the defenses they only caused relatively minor damage.

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hasn't aired yet.

------------------
Down for Upgrade

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This *may* have been just a surgical strike to take out a factory or something similar. The damage to the bridge could just be colaterral damage.

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

Or maybe a ship crashed or something

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps