Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Worf (WYLB $)

Author Topic: Worf (WYLB $)
Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really don't understand why they made Worf an ambassador and sent him off to Q'onos with Chancellor Martok.
Don't get me wrong, it makes perfect sense from a plot point of view- Worf gets to hang with klingons while proudly serving the Federation. I mean his staying on DS9 after Jadzia's death really didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
The reason that I think it is quite stupid that Worf is now an Ambassador is 1) We know there is going to be at least one more Next Gen movie. 2) We know (are pretty damn sure) that Worf is going to be in it. So what we get in the next movie is: "Oh Ambassador Worf what are you doing on the Enterprise..hold on we're being attacked I'll get back to you later."
Why not just transfer him to the Enterprise E and sidestep all of the contrived ways of bringing Worf into the next flick.

------------------
"Stood in firelight, sweltering bloodstain on chest like map of violent new continent." -Rorschach

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because having Worf become the UFP ambassador to the Klingon Empire is a good and unique idea? And because it wasn't the DS9 writers' job to fix TNG movies plots?

Besides, there's a lot you could do with Worf in the next movie, if they wanted to have a Klingon angle. Though I still want to see Q. Ah well.

------------------
"And I can't approach myself, skating over this perdition."
--
Soul Coughing

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Please, Q. Q zaps Worf onto the Enterprise?

------------------
"This is where the adventure is. This is where heroes are made." - Dr. Bashir
Federation Starship Datalink - Now with a pop-up on every page...damn you Tripod!

Individual 5748
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I heard that Michael Dorn wasn't interested in doing the next motion picture. But this information could be wrong, it is somewhat dated.

------------------
"Questions, comments, bring them to me. Problems, take them to Kinis."

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And we don't know there will necessarily be another TNG feature, either.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that he said that he had enough of the Klingon make-up and that he would do one more movie, but that was it.

------------------
Photon torpedoes, once a finite supply, haven't been a problem since all those Wal-Marts opened up in the Delta Quadrant. -Jim Wright

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Q appearing in Star Trek 10 is a strong rumor, but I think we've seen the last of Worf. I would of liked to see Worf transfered back to the Enterprise-E, that would of been a bit more fitting imo, oh well... mabye Star Trek 10 will start with Worf being transfered somewhere via the Enterprise and then thier trip is disrupted and he has to stay... hehehe...

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX GraphicsThe United Federation UplinkAxisIRC
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The one thing that bugged me about WYLB is that when they did the flashbacks for the different characters they messed up on worf's. During the whole worf flashback you never once see one with jadzia. They are mostly of ezri. How stupid is that, I mean he was married to jadzia not ezri.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to remember Ron Moore (or somebody) saying that there was a reason for this- something to do with Terry Farrel not given permission for the footage of her to be reused.
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They arbitrarily (but legally) used her voice clips in "Penumbra", so Farrell refused to allow them to use video/audio footage for the flashbacks (which they do have to ask permission for).

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps