Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » A Break From Trek (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: A Break From Trek
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish they would work more of "Mosaic" into the series. It was an exceptional story. Jeri Taylor surprised me. I didn't think she had that much writting talant.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Far beyond explored space, the USS Foxy finds a short-lived wormhole back to Flare territory. Just large enough to send a message through....

Voyager deserves 7 seasons. After that a break of a year or so may allow creative batteries to recharge, and hopefully a quality team to assemble to run any new show.

Trek has indeed wandered from its Roddenberry roots a bit too much in DS9. The future will only achieve TNG's appeal again if it is an attractive place to be. Everyone wanted to be on the Enterprise. Nobody who valued their bodily limbs would want a posting anywhere near DS9. Voyager is homely, but the isolation is an unsettling influence. Perhaps a new starship show with a return to the heroes exploring outward and meeting adventures ahead of them, rather than where all the drama arises from threats from neighbours or corruption at home. (All very 1990s as opposed to 2370s!)

As for the idea of a "Flight Academy", replete with lantern-jawed hunks for leads and some "teen appeal" in the style of Buffy? Well, I have cornered this idea in a darkened alley and invite you all to join me in kicking it to death most ruthlessly. >

A break of a year then. Then Trek 10 in the cinemas, with a nice TNG resolution. No sudden death or premature end to the ensemble. (Blow up the E-E, Mr Berman, and I shall blow up Paramount studios...!)

One last point before my wormhole collapses and cuts off the line:
I may last a year without it, but my system requires intravenous injection of new Trek to sustain my bodily functions. So if you take too long a break, you will in effect be murdering me to death. Please bear this in mind.

Wormhole closes

------------------
Taking foxiness to the rim of the final frontier....
I shall return.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*reads the last bit*

And this would be bad because. . ? 8P

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*prepares some Trek-filled hyposprays for Monty*

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Monty!!

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps