Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » I love Star Trek tooooo much (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I love Star Trek tooooo much
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Babylon-5 has a lot of the moral elements that Star Trek has, the war being about the right to decide your own fate, and when it came to the big battle, it was decided with few shots fired.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
to Star Trek Kiddy you said "Its almost as if the utopia and peace demonstrated on a starship is reflected here - even if only in a small way - which is really exciting, because maybe my "dream star trek life" is possible here and now."

Well to be serious for a moment: Well I don't know we have had our share of conflicts like the time the UP Forum got shut down after a massive conflict and we had other troubles conflicts, and wars, but we mostly respect others options, well at least most of time and if your not speaking of ship lengths .

Ok back to my goofy mode: Kosh wasn't the Shadow War ended without weapons but with ideas. Also I don't see how B5 was about the War when it only lasted two seasons (the War I mean). Well B5 isn't the most extremely hopeful look into the future, but it isn't the bleakest, It really sounds like jms thinks the future will be a lot like it is now, maybe a little better, but not a lot better. Honestly it sounds more realistic that the model governed by Star Trek because I honestly don't see Technology changing our minds that much.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
StarTrekKiddy and his cohorts have been banned. They are from anti-social.com. I know they'll be reading this, so I'll put it kindly - don't screw with me, you know not what you are getting into.

------------------
Charles Capps
Chief Administrator, the solareclipse network
"I do whatever the voices in my head tell me to do."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps