Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Locutus and Borg Drone: Which One To Choose? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Locutus and Borg Drone: Which One To Choose?
Starship Voyager
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are probably aware, I'm into the whole Borg craze about assembling my own little collective. I've been doing a lot of online research, and after Seven of Nine, my next aquisition will be Playmates' Locutus and Borg Drone.

But which one?

Over the years, Playmates has reissued these two molds every now and then, in slightly different paint schemes and accessories. I need to pick one of each, but which, to you, looks best?

BORG DRONE
#1 Playmate's First Release (red eye, accessories, base)
#2 Different Placements of Silver and Grey (more metallic, red eye, accessories, base)
#3 Silver Painted (green eye, no base or accessories)

LOCUTUS
#1 Playmates' Original Release
#2 Playmates' Chromed Armor Release
#3 Silver Painted (no base or accessories)

Gah! I'm torn! On the one hand, I'd like to have the action figure display bases (choices 1 & 2), but on the other, #3 has BOTH figures in the same 2-Pack, with display background, but no display bases.

If you were in my position, which ones would you choose? Anyone here have them and can provide a commentary?

[ June 24, 2002, 11:59: Message edited by: Starship Voyager ]

IP: Logged
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Sets up anti-Lee defense v2.0*
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Sets up anti-Lee defense v3.0*
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Sets up anti-Lee defense v3.1415926535*

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Starship Voyager
Ex-Member

Why is it everyone keeps posting that? What's an anti-Lee defense system anyway? Can't I get a decent response, from one Trekkie to another? [Confused]

[ June 24, 2002, 12:28: Message edited by: Starship Voyager ]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They do it because they know when Lee sees this, he's going to go to town. Also because decisions like this are usually made in the toy aisle at Meijer.

Are you asking which we think you should buy? Buy them both, man. How expensive can they be?

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why buy them? With your degree of "dedication", you might as well mold them yourself for extra effect. [Big Grin] Imagine having Borg drones from many different races, with different implants.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Starship Voyager
Ex-Member

Lee's going to go to town? Who's Lee?

I'll be getting both Locutus and Borg Drone. I just don't know which variations to get -- one has an action base, the other has a firing arm, and still the third is packaged together but without accessories.

This is where YOU guys come in.

Help me decide! Which ones come off to you as more aesthetically pleasing than the others? They're all the same molds, so it's primarily the colours I'm concerned with. If YOU had the three Borg Drones and Locutus(es) staring at you, which ones will you get?

BWC
Ex-Member

For good ol Locust, go with the one that looks the most like him.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, then.... Eeny...Meany... Miney...

Number 2.

I would go with the sculpting them yourself option, though. There's this stuff called Sculpy... it's like a pinkish kind of clay. you get get really detailed with it then throw it in your oven, bake it, and paint it. The stuff rocks.

Locust?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

BWC
Ex-Member

Oh god. I mean Locutus. Sorry. [Embarrassed]
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see - Captain Chrome Dome with chrome armor was my first action figure. I have Worf with chrome armor, too.

The third Locutus image showing him and the Drone is from the double-feature box (they also had Dixon Hill and Guinan or Kirk and Spock fighting each other with Vulcan Lirpas). I have that pack too, along with some others, but my favourite, Harry Kim and Species 8472, are still missing in my collection. [Frown]

The chrome Locutus is awesome, but I think previous editions featured the different arm-pieces, too. It also has some cables and such stuff. The two-pack has a nice background (Borg-corridor with alcove), but no accessoires.

One question though: where do you want to buy them? Other than ebay, I can't think of a place where you can find those figures (maybe specialized comic shops, but even those have difficulties getting them).

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You guys are probably aware, I'm into the whole Borg craze about assembling my own little collective.
So the free-love cult based on your charismatic personality and the hypnotic power to attract women didn't work out, huh?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Starship Voyager
Ex-Member

Indeed, eBay's the place I'm planning on getting these. I can't really go the sculpty way, simply because I'm not that great when it comes to paint and molding. And, since I don't have these figures on hand to look at (i.e. the decision-to-be-made-at-Meijer as suggested earlier), all I rely on are the pics and all your good opinions, anti-Lee defense systems aside.

Seeing you have a few of the figures yourself, Cpt. Kyle Amasov, which ones do you suggest? Also, assuming you have him, is Hugh Borg worth it?

[ June 24, 2002, 14:57: Message edited by: Starship Voyager ]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We certainly need to find a better deterrent. He's found sYzTeKPHYbROsIS' crack for v3.141.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps