Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Conspiracy (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Conspiracy
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last i checked the DQ was inside this galaxy.. data said the signal was being sent 'out' not to the other side.

waitaminnit.. i only saw a few minutes of good shepard.. was that really the same creature?? buh?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the worm thing in Good Shepard was longer than the one in Conspiracy. I don't remember thinking they looked at all the same. But maybe I was too busy looking for the moving cursor on the escape pod's montior.

Does this mean I'm going to have to re-watch that episode to figure this out?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd at least give it a try. The species looked extremely similar (the legs and head and everything). If there is no dialogue about it, fine, that's the writer's "fault", but maybe the art departement thought it would be cool to throw in such a reference.

quote:

last i checked the DQ was inside this galaxy.. data said the signal was being sent 'out' not to the other side.

Maybe the signal would have been able to contact *something* outside the galaxy, but who says you have to phone Hongkong just because you can do it? Data could have had just the basic direction of the signal, nothing specific.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"last i checked the DQ was inside this galaxy.. data said the signal was being sent 'out' not to the other side."

"DQ"? Dairy Queen?!? Man, that explains sooo much!

I doubt that the writers on Voyager ever made intentional connections to TNG....or anything else!
I've read several interviews with the Voyager writers where comments werre made like "I really haven't watched many of the TOS/TNG/DS9/completed third grade".
Crap like that really made me want to tune in next week.....much like Barga "admitting there were a few poopy episodes of Enterprise"!

No professional should demean all the people working on a complex, high quality show like Enterprise with comments like the ones he made.
Bakula should give him one of his patented "Quantum Leap Roundhouse kicks"!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
?
"Yeah, we made a few mistakes."
vs.
"EVERY EPISODE IS PERFECT. WATCH TREK MONKEYS. AND DANCE FOR US. DANCE."
Curious.

Also, "Distant Origin" is a fine Voyager episode, and I would be happy including it in the "Good Star Trek" column when the final judgement arrives.

Also, it is ironic that the Voth are probably one of the few species in the Galaxy who could go toe to toe with the Borg, at least for awhile. Transporting starships = Do Not Mess With.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you figure he demeaned everyone? He didn't say the acting was bad, or the sets, or the special effects, or anything like that. He said it was the stories that didn't work. And, since he was the one who (co-)wrote the stories, it seems like he's pretty much directing it at himself.

[ August 28, 2002, 21:52: Message edited by: TSN ]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BB: I think the show was good.

fanboy: You suck! You're lying and remkaing trek in your own image! Take responsibility for your shitness!

BB: I think we made mistakes.

Fanboy: You suck! You're insulting other people! You piss on Gene Roddenberry's ashes! I hate you and all the people who laugh at me.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Shitness"?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Admiral Hans*n is with an "o"? Cause Annkia's family name is DEFINATELY with an "e".
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. That's one of the few times the Encyclopedia is consistent throughout about vowels in a foreign name. Hanson is always Hanson, the Hansens are always the Hansens. There's no "Noonian/Noonien" ambiguity about it.

This thing about "Good Shepherd" is really intriguing. I never saw the episode, sort of glossed over it in net reviews, and never got a good look at the bugs in the promo shots available at Vidiot's and elsewhere. Does anybody have a good picture available?

Timo Saloniemi

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have enough time under my belt managing large projects (that many people have worked on)to know how much morale drops when a leader or supervisor publicly says deragatory statements.
Who really gives 100%, when you know that the big boss may one day trash the project you and everyone else are working hard on?
I wonder how Bakula and the other cast members feel about that comment?
You just know that some interviewer will call them on it. [Roll Eyes]
Probably on national T.V., no less!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOT NATIONAL T.V.!!
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason didn't read TSN's post, did he?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does Jason read?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, knock it off. Let's not run another new guy off. This isn't DARKSTAR, or BWC material...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps