Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » I've been watching TUC again (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I've been watching TUC again
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have any screenshots of Journey to Babel. Or could you make a few?

They could be Organians, but 1) they didn't seem that interested in interstellar politics, apart from what happened in their space and 2) the script wants us to believe they are humans.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://fleetyard.virtualave.net/temp/tuccaps/086.jpg
http://fleetyard.virtualave.net/temp/tuccaps/087.jpg

I belive this species is seen on the USS Relativity, but with a slightly bluer tint.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not Crewman Dax is it? With the feet that wouldn't fit the gravity boots? Cause in one of those shots he is wearing normal shoes.

Oh and was that alien guy on the bridge seen in Flashback?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a nice summer day. I really shouldn't be sitting behind my PC. But it's so ADDICTIVE!

Crewman Dax:
http://fleetyard.virtualave.net/temp/tuccaps/115.jpg
http://fleetyard.virtualave.net/temp/tuccaps/116.jpg

I don't remember seeing that alien guy in "Flashback". He does look a lot like this unknown alien from The Art of Star Trek.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crewman Dax sorta looks like the Fishy Guy� from the Bar in Star Trek III: The Search For Spock.

And I believe that 'mysterious alien' portrait shot was a background alien from DS9... not that I ever saw him on DS9, but I think there is a picture in "Star Trek: A History In Pictures" With Quark, Rom, (Quark's regular waiter Grek or what ever his name was), Morn and this guy looking at a PADD.

What was Quark's waiter named again? (And yes he was given a name)

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I just express how incredibly cool it is that there's a United Earth logo after all? Probably the strongest evidence yet (aside from the meaning of the word "Federation") that there's a separate planetary government (or system government, more likely) based on Earth for local affairs.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and Andrew: The was a "Grimp" in Bar Association. He had speaking lines, but didn't seem to appear again, or at least not per IMDb.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

So the question is, WHERE is the Earth President!?

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Or the High Commisioner of the Executive Assembly, or Premier, or Prime Minister, or Secretary General, or Chairman of the Cabinet, or somesuch. [Wink]

Hell, there's no reason every government body in the galaxy needs to have a leader, per se. I mean, it's a common enough principle in Earth culture, so it stands to reason there'd be one in the Earth government, but who's to say there's actually is someone who holds the title of Vulcan Chancellor or Andorian First Minister?

More importantly is the question of why Earth and Vulcan get to send their own delegations to a peace conference in addition to a Federation one. Here's a bit of speculation: perhaps there are grandfathered ceasefires and treaties and so on and so forth dating back to Archer's day between the individual planets Earth and Vulcan and Qo'noS. Because these Khitomer Accords could swallow up all the old agreements on peace between these now-Federation worlds and the Empire and consolidate them into a new treaty, Earth and Vulcan end up becoming negotiating partners again.

A final obscure Khitomer question: Why only Federation emblems on the desk thingies for what is supposedly a bilateral peace conference?

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there's an Earth president, shouldn't it have been him, and not the Federation president who declared martial law on Earth in "Homefront"?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching "Shadows Of P'Jem" tonight, I noticed that the compound for Starfleet in San Francisco flew a blue flag with an emblem upon it that's extremely close if not exactly the same as the 24th-century UFP seal. It was definitely NOT the UN emblem.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://fleetyard.virtualave.net/temp/tuccaps/111.jpg

The guy in the center of the picture looks like Pardek (yes, I know... [Roll Eyes] ). Is the blue guy supposed to be an Andorian? I didn't see them in the room.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

http://www.neutralzone.de/PreFederation/StarfleetHeadquarter.jpg

I don't know. It could be the old "The Cage" insignia with some olive branches.

And no, I don't think they are Andorians. First, no Andorians we ever saw wore such elaborate garments, and more importantly, they don't have antennea(ae?). There is actually another blue race attending Khitomer. They have greyish hair, and the completely different clothes probably means they are not supposed to be the same species.

--------------------

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The antennae could be hidden under his hat.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad antennae day?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps