Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » I've been watching TUC again (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I've been watching TUC again
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be, but the fact is that the make-up doesn't include antennae, and the intention is that they aren't Andorians.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed something today when I watched an old TOS-tape (blame Commodore Dominguez): The 'Deltans with wigs' did appear in the background of 'Jurney to Babel', too. Or, at least, very similar looking guys. Do you remember the guys from 'Encounter at Farpoint' (Denebians?)? IIRC, they had a similar looking funky wig.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That building turns out to be (or be at) the Brandes Institute religious retreat in Simi Valley, California.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
Oh, and Andrew: The was a "Grimp" in Bar Association. He had speaking lines, but didn't seem to appear again, or at least not per IMDb.

That guy was actually played by Aaron Eisenberg... not him There was a 'regular' short guy that (I don't think ever had a speaking role) but was yelled at by Quark a few times. I remember him (I think it was him this time) in an episode where Quark was doing catering for some event and had his 'staff' lined up holding trays and one of them was nervous and shaking and Quark yelled at him then... too. [Smile]

He seemed to be mostly the other Ferengi that was around (actually waitering/in the background)

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually that middle Romulan/Vulcan DOES look like Pardek. I remember reading where TUC and Unification 1 and 2 were filmed round the same time, and Unification, of course referred to the Upcoming film. (At the time) So maybe they sliped Pardek in there as a little bit of continuity (that may have been extended apon in cut scenes from the movie (of which we know there are) for instance there was a HUGE entrance procession sequence that occured, according to Michael Dorn, who said it was pretty impressive.

ALSO the blue guy with no (as far as we know antennae, might be a Troyan?? Some blue-skinned race from "Elaan of Troyius" who were supposedly related to Andorians, but had no Antennae.

Considering there was a TUC 'slant' on what we think are Tellarites seen in the Art of Star Trek, maybe this is a TUC spin on Andorians (except we can't see it's antennae?). I can't see any white hair - he might be bald, but doesn't his hood look a little 'peaked' at the top?

And what is that symbol on the back wall, to the right of the Vulcan IDIC symbol? It has Green, Red and Yellow incorporated in it. Maybe this was an earlier Romulan symbol. I have seen a Red/Yellow/Green rectangular symbol on some Bird of Prey photograph of a shooting? model on the net. (It is also on my hard drive somewhere) which could be from when they thought that the Klingons were going to steal it from the Romulans in TSFS.

*uses Flare upload*

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/44/k29.jpg

Hmmmm.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ALSO the blue guy with no (as far as we know antennae, might be a Troyan??
IIRC they had green skin.

quote:
And what is that symbol on the back wall, to the right of the Vulcan IDIC symbol?
On which sreenshot?
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The extended conference scene: There was also a short scene included in the trailer. I remember seeing it, the President and his wife (?) entering the hall, followed by several of the ambassadors and staff.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew: Do you mean the banner in this picture? It's just another Vulcan thing. It has an IDIC symbol on it, as seen here.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps