Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » ST II - TWOK SE DVD (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ST II - TWOK SE DVD
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched it with both commentaries on... I actually enjoyed Nick Meyer's commentary a lot, though Okuda's text didn't tell much that I didn't know already. I found it interesting that Meyer of all people wanted the ships to be silent in space shots... he always struck me before as the "make it exciting, screw believability" type. Although I don't rank him as an all-time great director, my respect for the man has risen, and I better understand why TWoK was the movie that it was.

The added Preston scenes, while nothing technically new, made the emotional impact of his death a great deal better, and I am gald to see they are back. There were a few other minor scenes added in that worked well, also, such as Spock wryly telling Saavik that "the human ego" is Khan's incentive to follow Enterprise into the nebula.

Another thing I enjoyed was the "Designing Khan" featurette... Joe Jennings seems like the coolest guy; not only does he know his Star Trek, he wants it to be believable.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Another thing I enjoyed was the "Designing Khan" featurette
An interview with Mr and Mrs Montalbahn about how they looked for potential sperm doners by measuring their man tits?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Khan was genetically engineered. Obviously there was more than one Mr. and Mrs. Montalbahn.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is "Designing Kahn" anything like "Designing Women"!?! [Smile]

Oh, and over at the link to the TrekBBS about the topic (from trektoday.com) Someone there said that the Saavik origin scene has been seen at conventions etc. Is it on the net?

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThoughtPyminal:
Khan was genetically engineered. Obviously there was more than one Mr. and Mrs. Montalbahn.

Kinky.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps