Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Wesley's Out. [Nemesis Pseudo-Spoilers Lie Within] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Wesley's Out. [Nemesis Pseudo-Spoilers Lie Within]
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crap... now I feel bad for him too... and he's a half decent writer (though he needs to edit for spelling).

It wasn't the Boy that made me dislike Wil Wheaton... it was the fact that he got to kiss Ashley Judd. Then I saw him on The Weakest Link and that just sealed the deal.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeh I thought the same thing! But I laughed when he came onto Roxanne Dawson, and in a big way. And yeh, he got to kiss Ashley Judd as well. Fair play to him I suppose.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, I may be in the minority here, but I was really looking forward a lot to Wesley's cameo. I never really cared much for the character, but it would have been nice to see the entire TNG cast (excluding Yar, of course, but including Guinan and Wesley) on screen together one last time. (I'm really starting to fall in line with the idea that this will be the final TNG movie.)

And wow, speak for yourselves, but a three-hour Trek film would sooooooo rock IMO, providing that it was of at least decent quality. I can't fathom how they managed to cut an hour's worth of footage for Nemesis without leaving out some good scenes from the script. Damn!

And, I'm not holding out much hope for deleted scenes on the DVD. Look at Insurrection. There were plenty of cut sequences from that, and nothing. Hasn't our buddy Rick Berman stated for the record that he doesn't care for deleted scenes sections on DVDs, and that cut footage is procedurally destroyed after editing is complete? Damn him, the cocksucker. I love deleted scenes... [Mad] [Frown]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.. this thread has proven that, contrary to popular belief, not all of us hate wesley. i realize that i was really looking forward to it too. and did he say he'd be in uniform?! *dies* i dont know why, but itd be pretty cool to see the Boy in the fleet again.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think anyone has a problem with a three-hour Star Trek film per se, we're just being realistic. Most first cuts of films come in at about three hours, it's from there that the editor starts working towards the finished product.

It's difficult to say right now what might stay in or not given all we have is the script published online, and there are major problems with that:

1. The whole opening sequence is heavily glossed over, presumably because they didn't know initially who they could get to appear.

- actually, I'm reminded over the planned TOS reunion they tried to write for Generations - they simply couldn't fit anyone in and do them justice in the time available. I'm surprised they didn't bear this in mind when planning this scene.

2. The rest of the story falls into three stages.

*SPOILERS BEYOND!!!*

*SPOILERS BEYOND!!!*

*SPOILERS BEYOND!!!*

*SPOILERS BEYOND!!!*

a) They go to the planet and find B9.

b) They get to Romulus and meet Shinzon.

c) They escape from Romulus, Shinzon comes after them.

. . . and each act has major pacing problems. The one thing I really hope they lose is Shinzon's infatuation with Troi. I mean, WHY?! It serves no purpose whatsoever apart from making sure they know this guy is evil. The fact she's now married seems to hardly come into it, and indeed Riker seems to concern himself more with the Viceroy than the weirdo who's mentally raping his wife.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless it's Picard doing the bone dance with Troi in the trailer, I'd say they left that part in.

Meanwhile...I'd put Wil Wheaton in one of my movies. As an action star. I want a Wil Wheaton action figure with a Kung Fu grip.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Wesley cameo would've been cool, if, and only if, we got some kind of explanation as to why he was there, when he got back, and what he's been doing all this time. Just having him stand there in a uniform and waiting for everyone to go, "HEY! There's Wesley! COOOOOOLLL!" would've really made me mad.

I would love a well written 3 hour Trek movie. I think it would be great. The reason that can't keep it that long, I would think, is because 1) theaters won't show it, and 2) people have short attention spans and tend to strain their limits at 2 hours. The two reasons kind of tend to feed on one another.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think two hours twenty minutes is about as long as I want to spend watching most movies without a break. When I watch the Godfather I have to stop it to go for a stroll after Micheal does the hit at the deli.

Even LOTR had me squirming a bit by the time it was over, mostly because I drank a monster pepsi in the first half hour of it...

The obvious answer to the time dilemma is to design movies with an intermission in them.

If the theatre would put a bit more thought into their presentations, they would probably make a killing during intermission, as well, and not just on snacks...

Going off on a tangent here, but wouldn't it be really nice if movie theatres also sold stuff like movie posters in the lobby? Wouldn't the natural selling place of most of the McFarlane toyline be AT a movie theatre? It would kick major butt to be able to buy a Freddie Kruger action figure as your walking away from Nightmare On Elmstreet 21: Freddie gets Fingered.

With so many great theatres becoming a thing of the past, it annoys the piss out of me that they're not even TRYING to bring in any merchandising capital. Jesus, you'd think that they'd figure out that the best time to sell kids toys is right after they see the movie they starred in. This applies for Big Kids, and their Angelina Jolie Fan Appreciation T-shirts, too...

Anyway. End of pointless tangent.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I already knew he was going to be cut, but aren't you giving away to people that don't read spoilers that Wesley's not going to be in it by putting that in the thread's title? What good are the spoiler warnings?

--------------------
Meh

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant to comment on that, actually. Plus this has gone from Pseudo spoilers to actual spoilers now.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If theaters sold action figures they would cost about seventy five dollars each. Want a poster? Two hundred dollars! They are crazy.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, think of the opportunities for romance! You can buy your significant other a poster! Love will abound!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, UM, but you enjoy both genders, doubling your chances thast sooner or later, eventually, your approach might actually work.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe someday he will find the right poster and the right boy/girl, and he can become "effective member".
IP: Logged
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't want to contemplate about Wesley being cut out of Nemesis.

But about the movie-posters: in our local cinema they do sell movie posters. No big deal in the pricing either. Not more expensive than anywhere else. Movie-posters are alyways horrendously expensive, aren't they? [Frown]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps