Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$ Spoileresque Nemesis Question $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Spoileresque Nemesis Question $$
tderleth
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone heard what class vessel Riker's USS Titan is going to be? All I can seem to find is that he accepts command and Troi (or I guess Troi-Riker) transfers to the ship with him.
Thanks,
Todd

IP: Logged
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You only found those two bits because that is all the information in the script, our only source.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's doubtful the ship will even be shown according to some versions of the script.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mike Who Would Be Captain:
Yeah, it's doubtful the ship will even be shown according to some versions of the script.

Are you saying people have seen multiple versions of the script? To my knowledge, there's only ever been ONE that members of the public have been able to read. According to THAT version, the Titan is not required to make an appearance in the film, but that wouldn't stop the VFX people from showing it in an exterior shot or the Art Dept from showing it on a computer display.

I would be most eager to learn about these "versions" of the script that the good Captain Mike speaks of...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beats me. However, I'm guessing that it can't be a new ship.. One of the few things that the Trek producers have been careful about with their ships is not to upstage the lead vessel with something that could potentially out-cool her, except when the story demands it (read: Excelsior, Prometheus, etc.). With the arguable exception of the Akira, they tend to stick to this rule.

Besides, movie budget or no, I doubt that the guys would spend the cash to create a new ship design for one or two shots, regardless of the probability of its future use in the franchise. *IF* we see the Titan, my money's on another Sovereign (unlikely) or a shiny new Galaxy (more likely). Personally, I'd like to see the latter.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will would appreciate that, since he always wanted the E for his own.

However, if there was a VFX sequence, i think a Galaxy would dwarf the longer, but less voluminous Sovereign. Basically, the producers would let the ship they wrecked and consider yesterday's news show up their new anorexic E-E. besides, they have a low opinion of people that would make them believe if they showed a Galaxy, everyone would think it was the E-D somehow. if this movie achieves 'crossover' status (i.e. picking up an audience that isnt rabid trekkies) they might well have some confusion anyway.

I didnt see multiple versions of the script, just multiple formattings of it. barring some obvious fakes ive read, but have quite rightfully been taken down long ago.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will bet one hundred million thousand monkeys that the U.S.S. Titan, if shown, is a Mirandized Sovereign, or an Akira.

One Hundred Million Thousand.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean the Endeavour class finally realized? Of course it most likely would not be called Endeavour class.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will bet one hundred million thousand monkeys that the U.S.S. Titan, if shown, is a Mirandized Sovereign, or an Akira.

I'll see that, and raise you three hundred quatloos.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think one hundred million thousand monkeys exist, UM.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
Member # 709

He done called you out!
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it will be a ew ship. Isn't Riker meant to say something 'it's the most beautiful ship he's ever seen'? If so, it seems strange that such a statement would be regards to an older and very familiar starship like a Galaxy. It sounds here, if that line is correct, that this is a new design of ship. Perhaps it could be a prototype - Titan Class anyone?

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Difficult choice, actually. It can't outcool or dwarf the E and it can't be too familiar.

The known ships that look 'good' with the Sovereign are probably the Akira, Intrepid and Defiant. Or perhaps they do something new. The Endeavour or the Goodson ship.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given the discussion we've had, it looks increasingly likely that the film simply will not include a visual of the USS Titan. Too much thought would have to go into it... Plus, if we leave it as an unseen class, then we could open the next movie with a spiffy newish ship, a la Excelsior in TUC. Then we'd go back to the tried & true Sovereign class...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now THAT would be in true TNG spirit: Talking about a new and potentially interesting ship and then not showing it...

Picard: Has the Titan left our sensor range now?

Worf: Yes, Sir. They have boldly gone where no one... Ah well, sir, you know the rest. Anyway, they are nowhere to be seen any longer.

Picard: Ok, thank you Mr Worf. Now turn the viewscreen back on!

[Big Grin] [Wink] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps