Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$ Spoileresque Nemesis Question $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Spoileresque Nemesis Question $$
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's more likely, that we see the Hemingway.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROTFLBTCDICAJTTWADBSISWTRHITSBKABAYB

Rolling on the floor laughing behind the computer desk I cut a jugular throat thing while acknowledging David Bowie's super interesting stories with the right hand I try stopping but Klingons ate Billy and your Babies? I mean, really.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rolling On The Floor Laughing, Biting The Carpet, Dancing In Circles And Jumping Through The Window Almost Dying By Smashing Into Someone Who Then Runs Horrified Into The Street Being Killed Accidentally By A Yellow Bulldozer

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good. David Bowie is very bad. And probably has less than interesting stories. Except those that pertain to Iman Sex.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because she's a shape-shifter...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Riker gets a type 9 shuttlepod.

I say that riker gets a Galaxy (mabye the model with the extra phasers: like the Venture.
No way will cheap-ass Paramount build a new ship when they spent all that cash on the Galaxy filming miniatures.
......or they'll use the frellin' BOP again!!!!!!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Member # 239

"No way will cheap-ass Paramount build a new ship when they spent all that cash on the Galaxy filming miniatures"

Yeah. They so won't build a new ship, especially since 98% of the Nemesis effects are going to be CGI. They'll certainly use the Galaxy Miniature. Especially since they haven't since Deep Space Nine.

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way in hell we'll see the Titan. They'd have to come up with a new design to please everyone (do you really think they'll do a backstep and pull the Galaxy?) Most of the CGI-models are too ugly for the big screen (at least for scenes involving beautyshots. Of course you can blow up Akiras and Steamrunners of lower quality on the big screen). And besides the Sovereign, there is no Fed ship that could do the job. So they'll wait for the next movie which will feature the Titan and Captain Riker. And with the 35 million dollars they save by leaving out Data and Picard, we'll get a whole new fleet of beautiful ships. [Smile]

PS: I'm much more interested in seeing the astrometry-scene which will reveal the location of Janeways taskforce (or, translated, "Many small spots with names and registries and classes and everything. Hopefully.")

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't there another design for FC that was never used? The Zandura, I think? I never cared for it, but it would be new and not so cool as to out do the Ent E.

If there is a line about it being the most beautiful ship he's ever seen, I would think it would have to be at least a new design for us... and most likely a new ship for Starfleet. Of course, the context of that line could totally change that. It could be an old Constellation and it's simply the most beautiful ship Riker has ever seen because it'll be his first command.

If they do show the ship, I'm guessing it'll be a a new design but smaller and far less cool than the Ent E, along the lines of how they used the Akira and the Scoutship. Not big players and not overly shown... but still new and attention getting.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:

PS: I'm much more interested in seeing the astrometry-scene which will reveal the location of Janeways taskforce (or, translated, "Many small spots with names and registries and classes and everything. Hopefully.")

And this is what is wrong with Star Trek fans.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:

And this is what is wrong with Star Trek fans.
Talking about the movie as a whole, yes, it would be wrong, but we're just summarizing things we'd like to see as members of this specific forums, and this is mainly tech and new ships. When the movie's out on DVD and the analysis of those scenes begins I'll remind you. Because it wont be topics about the actors or the story but discussions about those things. I think that's one of the basic reasons why we are here. [Cool]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you consider that there are at least two sites dedicated to reconstructing the meager footage from BOBW, I don't think Capt. Asamov's wish is too geeky.
TO make the movie perfect, we'll have to see Janeway's taskforce completely destroyed....starting with her!

If anyone has schematics for this mystery First contact ship, I'd love to see them. I have never even heard of this ship before!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

tderleth
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a search and this is what I came up with. Not a Schematic, but a few pics. IMHO this thing makes the Sabre look like a beauty queen.

http://neutralzone.future.easyspace.com/Federation/StarFleet/Zandura.htm

[ August 29, 2002, 11:16: Message edited by: tderleth ]

IP: Logged
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heres the preproduction sketch, courtesy of Spike's site

http://home.arcor.de/spike730/ships/pics/zandura.jpg

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Hey! NO slams on the Sabre, thank you! I happen to like the fast littlr ship.
The Zanundra is kind of neat....for a science vessel. Are those supposed to be 4 nacelles?
This design works great as a long range scoutship with an atmospheric mode (seperated) for planetary surveys. Looks damn fast too!
Any ideas on this ship's length? I think I'll build one of these!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps