Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Moore, Braga and Berman (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Moore, Braga and Berman
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll all have heard of Ron Moore leaving Voyager by now. Here's some more information that I've found.

This was posted on Ain't it Cool News, by a guy with an aquaintence at Paramount. You can take this as true or not, but it is something to consider:

quote:

My acquaintance compares the scenario to Richard III, "with Brannon as the master manipulator." Apparently, Braga held a staff meeting before Moore came aboard, in which he basically threatened that anyone who'd side with Moore against him would be fired. From there, he began holding secret meetings at his house to which Moore wasn't invited. And then, of course, the flap over "Survival Instinct."

Moore went to Berman to complain about how he was being treated; Berman refused to support him; and Moore jumped ship. Moore had been promised that he would be able to help create the new Trek series. As it turns out, this was a false promise: the series would be Berman and Braga's baby alone. When he learned this, he quit.

The entire article can be found here

And here's a farewell to Ron Moore written by a former paramount colleague.

In fact, this whole feature is one that everyone should probably read, to here people defending Braga, and laying into him with blunt razors.

------------------
"Time makes all things possible. I can wait.
-Starscream

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll miss him.

------------------
Right, cheers, thanks a lot-Patsy Stone "Ab-Fab"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Berman is Satan, and Braga is his minion.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::Rallies lynch mod to storm Paramount's gates and head for Berman's and Braga's offices::

If what I read is true, then that pretty damn mean. I mean Braga threating to fire people if they sided against him?? What is with that guy?

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?
Federation Starship Datalink

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's time for the "changing of the guard" over at the Star Trek franchise...

I nominate Ron Moore BTW...

------------------
"Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery."

-Dedication Plaque quote from the U.S.S. Odyssey

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hadn't read the Trek Nation post, when I posted to this the first time. My first post has been my opinion for some time now. I read the post this morning.
We had an earlier topic asking if Voyager should have seven seasons, six seasons, or kill it now. After reading the posts in the above links, I have changed my mind. KILL IT NOW!!!!!

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited August 03, 1999).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Based on a few rumors? Look, Braga isn't a popular guy. A lot of Hollywood types think he's pretty damned odd, in fact. How much of that is true, I can't say. But I can say that he's been responsible for a fine season of Voyager. That's the only thing I know for sure.

Now, having said that, this news wouldn't surprise me, especially once you take into account the rumors that surrounded Jennifer Lien's departure.

But what about the other side of the story? If Braga and Moore were at such odds, why have they rather consistantly worked together as a writing team, both in and out of Star Trek. Surely Moore would have been aware of Braga's tendancies during their tenure on TNG. Even if he wasn't, by the time they wrote First Contact together, wouldn't some warning bells have gone off? And yet they still stayed together to pitch a script for Mission Impossible 2. (And Area 51? Or was that just a Moore script?) So while I don't discount the idea of Braga acting in such a manner, I have a hard time believing that Moore didn't know what he was getting into.

------------------
"Have you ever seen a bloody egg? Glass in hand, laying up in bed?"
--
They Might Be Giants

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Berman was much better for Trek than Roddenberry was, actually...

And Braga's odd, but he knows quality, that's true. Continuity is still foreign to him, but that's his only real problem.

I find it hard to believe that Berman and Braga wold do that, but...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder what Gene Roddenberry would think of this if he was alive?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He would say: Jeepers Cripes, it's just a TV-Show!!!
(Ducks for cover, giggling)

------------------
Hickory Is Nice!!!
(Jem 'Hadar Wash-out)

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

Nimrods right, and I don't think Bermans better for trek then The Rod. Warts and all, Rodenberry did better series. TNG and TOS I can watch over and over again, can't say the same for DS9, although it has some great eps. Voyager, well, I've watched two repeats this season.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But which seasons of TNG's the question, Kosh. Seasons Three through Seven were all Bermanised.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

[This message has been edited by Elim Garak (edited August 09, 1999).]

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

I don't think he dared change the feel of the show, till The Rod died. And I liked early TNG.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But then, how much of TNG can you attribute to Roddenbury anyway. He thought that Stewart was absolutly wrong for the part of Picard. Livingstone had to persuade him.
And I think Berman might have pretty much been running it from season 2. If you say that Berman didn't alter the show too much, *ahem* have you looked at season 1 recently?

------------------
Headmaster suspended for using big-faced boy as satellite-dish
-The Day Today

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

As I said above, I liked early TNG.

I've aways heard it that The Rod picked Patrick.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited August 10, 1999).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps