Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Moore, Braga and Berman (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Moore, Braga and Berman
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. I think it was in that TNG Tribute black book talking about Roddenberry needing to be heavily convinced about Patrick Stewart as the captain.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?
Federation Starship Datalink

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally like the later seasons of TNG better then the early ones. DS9 is my favourite series by far. Voyager has never impressed me very much and is the worst of all the series. That's my opinion, anyway.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, DS9 'Tears of the Prophets')

[This message has been edited by Dax (edited August 15, 1999).]

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we're sad to see Ron go, yes, but are we really all *that* surprised at Braga's reaction? Look at it. It's not today's news that Trek fans have dwindled in number with Voyager. And who likes Brannon Braga? Don't think I need to answer that one. He had been under enough pressure from Trek fans, who constantly compare his pet Voyager to DS9 and Ron Moore. Now that DS9 is over, Ron Moore casually struts over and is promptly hailed as Voyager's new hope. So what does that make Braga?

Let me give you an analogy (the following situation is purely fictional): Charles Capps owns these forums, pays for them, and constantly tries to improve them for the benefit of us, the users. But one thing he hates is that his forums are always compared to Trekweb's board (which is no comparison in actuality, but suspend your disbelief for a moment ), and Trekweb's admin is hailed as one of the best Trek webmaster ever for his site. One day Trekweb shut down because...uh...it was hacked into and deleted during an annual hacker's convention, so its admin is out of a job, right? Not exactly. Because of popular demand, the admin transfers to Flare, which is no Trekweb but the next best thing. Now all the users at Flare are happily expecting a revamp of these forums: new graphics, new interface, and the extinction of spam and such annoyances. Promises of a better forum, basically, that *Charles* couldn't have done. Now how would that make Charles feel?

Okay, I think I went too far and too long with this analogy. But the point is, it's a ego/territorial thing. Braga worked on Voyager for 5+ years, and here comes someone who's expected to do a better job than he did. Of course he's bound to get jealous and upset. How far this jealousy gets, however, is anyone's guess.

------------------
"I told you. You're dead. This is the afterlife. And I'm God."
--Q to Picard, "Tapestry".

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more thing...

Dax: seen Voyager lately?

------------------
"I told you. You're dead. This is the afterlife. And I'm God."
--Q to Picard, "Tapestry".

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just happy someone in the Voyager staff took the big step and made the voyager crew confess to the existence of lavatories!

------------------
-Smooth as an androids butt, eh Data?
-Yes, and remarkeably similar in appearance!

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But Moore's been in the business longer than Braga, so you'd think Braga might understand... Oh well.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a power thing.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Braga got promotion whiplash.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ziyal: I've seen every episode of Voyager up to and including 'Dark Frontier'. I buy the videos. DS9 is far superior.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, DS9 'Tears of the Prophets')

Dan
Member # 129

- posted      Profile for Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could say I'm forced to agree with Dax, but there's really no resistance in the decision. While Voyager does have a great episode or two, there's always a couple decent episodes and pathetically bad ones like The Disease, The Fight, or Threshold. There's an article up at Myrkr right now by Cleveland G. Oakes that some of you may know from the Trek Usenet groups about the state of Star Trek. It is very well written and I do agree with his assessment (except on some level I did like Insurrection, but it could have easily been a TV movie or episode). Here's the article:

http://www.myrkr.com/StarTrek/opinions/loveofkirk.html

------------------
Daniel Henderson
Senior Babylon 5/Crusade Editor
http://www.myrkr.com

Contributing Writer
Beyond Babylon
http://www.b5mg.com/Beyond_Babylon

[This message has been edited by Dan (edited August 22, 1999).]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

"The Disease" isn't all that bad.

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to have written the only positive review of "The Disease" in existance...

------------------
"I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile. I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well."
--
Tool

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

My review bashes it a lot, like all others except Sol's, but I've come to like it, actually.

------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Oakes is dead on the money. Money being the key. The Rod always wanted to make a lot of money, but he also wanted to make good TV. Now we are down to pure money.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps